how soon did it take for someone to notice you to loose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    My bf noticed pretty quick and seemed surprised he even noticed. I think I'd lost 15-25lbs at the time. I started around 225lbs at 5'4".
  • nicholerohrer
    nicholerohrer Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    at 20-25lbs my family & close friends noticed, but no one else so far. I still have 80lbs to go though.

Good luck it's possible I've done it

Thank you! I'm trusting the process and sticking to it! :)
  • twinzmom172
    twinzmom172 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think the more you weigh, the more you have to lose before anyone notices. I'm now down just over 30lbs and people are noticing, but I still have a lot more to go...
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Depends. I'm 5'4". Up in the 160s, it might take 10 lbs. I'm 144 now and there is a very big difference when I drop 5.
  • SparklyBubblyBabe
    SparklyBubblyBabe Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Honestly, me and my family noticed after I lost 5 pounds. I think it was mostly water weight, but I lost like 3 inches of bloating off my stomach and waist so I suddenly thinner in the waist area. I didn't see my friends until I'd lost 10 lbs and they noticed then. I'm also short (5' 2") and I wasn't super heavy to begin with (150 lbs) so any weight lost looks really dramatic on me.
  • RAVERSTACE1983
    RAVERSTACE1983 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    25lbs and they say oh you can tell now cos you look thinner in face hahaha.
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I've lost 28 pounds 15% and no one who doesn't know I'm losing weight hasn't said anything.
    To be honest, I've only it mentioned it when nutrition has been the topic.

I still have about 30 more to go.
  • thelmagondo
    thelmagondo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It took a month for people to notice my efforts
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Well I had a baby at the beginning of mine (only gained 17lbs during pregnancy) so people noticed immediately, but just last week someone mentioned "your face is so thin now! you are looking so healthy!!"... after 48ish pounds down. I'm now at 50 lost and I'm really seeing it on my own self now.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    60 lbs. I started at 270 and honestly I didn't look much different to me either
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    For me it was a few months before anyone said anything.
  • FelinaDC
    FelinaDC Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    At around 10lbs I started getting alot of "did you change your hair?" and "is that a new top?" from coworkers or friends.. at around 20lbs I started getting comments pretty much daily that I looked smaller and now at around 30lbs, I haven't been getting many comments directly but friends and family have told me they have been asked about my weightloss by third parties i.e. my aunt sent my mom a picture I had posted on Instagram asking her if I lost weight because I look thinner... B)

I still haven't seen a huge difference myself but I sure feel alot better!
  • stelly76
    stelly76 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    When my clothes started fitting better. Just this past week, 3 different people commented on how thin I look in 3 different outfits. And my husband grabbed my butt and thighs and said that they were smaller. This was all after losing about 7 lbs in 2 months, but also a lot of exercising.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Not very long, but my people are smarter and more observant than most, lol!
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Well for me at 5'2, I can say after a 15lb loss everyone I work with has noticed...I didn't have a lot to lose though, but this week seemed to really be when it clicked for my workmates :)
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 15 pounds down and no one has said a word. :/
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    About 11kg /13% of SW for me
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I'm down 15lbs and a pant size and I feel like it's noticeable but only a couple people have said anything. I think a lot of people thinks it's rude to mention anything about weight. I told a friend she looked great and I could tell she'd lost weight and she said she was basically the most stressed she'd ever been in her life >.< *open mouth insert foot
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    A ridiculous amount of time, probably 40 lbs. (from a starting weight of 212), which took around nine months.

It has taken me 60 lbs. to get jaws dropping on the floor (from the change, not from random strangers, LOL - I wish).