Fitbit?

Options
I'm looking to buy a reasonably priced fit bit, any suggestions on sellers online? Do you like yours? Which one do you have?

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit Surge. I like the GPS functionality for tracking my cardio outdoors. not necessary but nice to see a little map of your route. I bought it at Wal-Mart. Been holding up for over a year with no issues whatsoever.

I kinda want an Apple Watch though :P
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge 2 and love it. I would keep an eye on Fitbit's website, sometimes they have sales. You could also get one on amazon. If you don't mind a used one you could always go for ebay or Craigslist.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    They're on sale now. Kohls, Target, even Staples. Most prices will match up about the same but you may be able to get rewards depending on where you buy. Like Kohls cash to use on a future purchase if you buy at Kohls. Or 5% discount if you buy at Target with a red card.

Don't buy used, and don't buy from any company that is not an authorized seller. You would have no warranty from Fitbit, and they're great on customer service if something is wrong with a device. Assuming you bought it thru a legitimate source.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge 2 with HRM. I bought it over the blaze as I don't care about on screen workouts and music control...seems silly.

I do like it yes...it's a bit bulky but it's got a lot of functionality too so it's a give and take.

My suggestion is going on the fitbit site and doing a comparison of the different types they have based on what you want it to have.

You may want the flex or the Alta...which are smaller and more dainty or you might choose the blaze.
  • KWlosingit
    KWlosingit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have the one which just clips to your pants or bra. Love it. Tracks my steps and the calorie burn is pretty spot on.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yeah with Mothers Day coming they're on sale in a lot of places. I was looking for Blaze replacement bands last night and the Blaze itself is $150. If you don't want to spend that much, the Flex, Alta, and Charge are all less expensive.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Someone on my news feed just posted they are on sale at best buy too
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Yeah with Mothers Day coming they're on sale in a lot of places. I was looking for Blaze replacement bands last night and the Blaze itself is $150. If you don't want to spend that much, the Flex, Alta, and Charge are all less expensive.

based on what I could see the blaze only has 2 extra functions over the new charge...music control and on screen workouts...

in Canada they are about 239$...reg 199$ on sale.

Walmart has them on sale too I think for mom's day.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I have a flex thats still going strong nearly 3 years later,my daughter bought me a charge hr and I just realized yesterday that the band is splitting! Where's the duct tape haha
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Oh and I've only had the charge hr since January, irritating
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing them on sale everywhere right now. I'm currently talking myself into the Charge 2.
  • jacobsl221
    jacobsl221 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge 2 and it is great. It holds the battery life a long time.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    jacobsl221 wrote: »
    I have a Charge 2 and it is great. It holds the battery life a long time.

Cool!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I have a ChargeHR (first generation). I love it. I bought some fun covers for it on Amazon so it doesn't look so dorky, lol! I also love the Fitbit community. It's very motivating to be in a challenge with friends, or even strangers, who have similar goals.

That said, I have to add that I will probably be changing to something that I can wear while swimming. I've added a couple of days of swimming to my weekly workouts and I really need something that can monitor my heart rate while swimming.

Good luck on your search.
  • beaglebrandon
    beaglebrandon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    I kinda want an Apple Watch though :P

Apple Watches are on sale at Target for $199 until Saturday.

The Apple Watch Series 2 is on sale at Best Buy for $299 until Saturday as well.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Oh and I've only had the charge hr since January, irritating

My One is good since Dec 2013. Never any issues. Hubby & I got Charge 2 HRs a couple of months ago and both bands started bubbling near where the band meets the device. I ordered 3rd party bands from Amazon. Figured Fitbit would replace under warranty, but a new band would do the same. And the bands I got fit perfectly, and are more comfortable.
  • xXGearheadXx
    xXGearheadXx Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I use a one. I don't like wristwatches so that eliminates most models for me right out of the gate. Been using it a couple years now without issue.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Iv got a flex 2 and love it, step count is around 99% on the dot wether i wear it on my wrist of have it in my pocket (I do that because if im pushing the pushchair it registers it as a bike ride not a walk lol)
    and i love the fact it tracks swimming to, has always been spot on for my swims on time/distance swam
  • HazyEyes93
    HazyEyes93 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I got the Charge HR 2. I really found it pretty useless to me. I already work a very, very active job, like 20k steps a day. So it wasn't encouraging me to do any extra. And because my job is active, I had to constantly avoid breaking it. In the end, I stopped wearing it because it was more of a hassle than it was worth. lol For someone with a more sedentary lifestyle, I could definitely see it being beneficial. Their calorie tracker was super meh to me, also. Preferred using MFP.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    I have a flex thats still going strong nearly 3 years later,my daughter bought me a charge hr and I just realized yesterday that the band is splitting! Where's the duct tape haha

Contact fitbit they will send you a free replacement