Who has lost 75+ pounds?

Options
I am loving all of the inspiration I am getting from MFP! With a goal of losing 100 lbs ahead of me, I was looking for people who have lost 75+ lbs for motivators. I have already found quite a few. How did you do it? What were your biggest obstacles? What were your biggest achievements? I'm just looking to create a thread that I can refer back to when the going getas tough.

Replies

• mrslantu2020
    mrslantu2020 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just surpassed the 75 pound mark. It took a little over a year and a lot of dedication. I have a busy/chaotic schedule so my biggest obstacle was finding time to work out. The thing that helped the most was cutting back on my soda intake and introducing water to my daily life!! :happy: And, most importantly - have fun!!
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    It is a life style not a diet.
    Make the right choices 80% (at least) and the results will follow!!!

You can and will do it!!!!!!!!!
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Heatherbledsoe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Depending on if you count the baby weight I gained in 2009/10 that was 22lbs, which i lost in about a month after delivery, then jan of this year which was about 6 months later i started to diet/workout and I have lost another 48lbs, which would only be 70 pounds if yuo count the babyweight...so collectively for the time i dieted, it was been 8 months.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I have lost 109 pounds!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 145 lbs, been taken off blood pressure medicine, no more bronchiodialator, no more sleep apnea and dropped 18 inches off of my waist.........read my bio, itll tell you how it used to be for me........

for me ,I looked for reasons to suceed, not excuses to fail......

I ate vegetables, fruits, pinto beans and on Sundays, I would grill chicken breasts and eat those every other day along with pinto beans and ended up losing the first 100 in one year and lost this 45 this year........had 3 plateaus, but was patient and they passed...

stay focused and dont give into temptation........you can do it, I did.............best wishes, Lloyd
  • brickok
    brickok Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm not up to the 75 lb mark yet (hit 70 lbs. last week) in just under a year. Friend me if you would like. I am a great motivator.
    Drink lots of water and stay commited to adding everything you eat and dring in the food diary. It has kept me very accountable and motivated.

Kim :)
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    :smile: I can almost raise my hand for this category again! I had lost 76, then gained back 9, and am now back to having lost 73.6 total.

I lost the bulk of it using Weight Watchers, but I also went vegan and learned to LOVE exercise. I exercise about 6 hours a week on average (6 days a week, 1 hour each day). Mostly cardio, but now I'm trying to include strength.

Now I'm losing the final 13 pounds with MFP (now down to just 6.4!) and it's working great! I am so glad to have found this site.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options

This one says it all! It's a healthy lifestyle. Eat right, exercise appropriately, keep a positive mind-set and the weight loss follows!

Best wishes for success!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I lost 80 lbs 6 years ago. Slowly gained 30 back in the past 2 years and now i am here, this site help me lose16lbs. :)
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    You can add me to the list. As of today I've lost 79 pounds since starting my journey in August 2009. So, as you can see, I've taken a slower route than many. But it's one that's worked for me. I've never thought about being on a diet; it's definitely a lifestyle change that I've taken in gradual steps. If I try to deprive myself too much it usually backfires. So I've gradually made changes to eat smaller portions, less sugar, and much more protein. I also exercise 5 or 6 days a week for 45 minutes to 1.5 hours each of those days. Exercise has so many benefits beyond burning calories.

The best advice I could give is just keep going. Each day is just a day, and if you make a choice you later regret, well, at least you have learned something and can make a better choice next time. Don't use a little mistake as an excuse to derail your motivation. Keep thinking about where you want to be a year from now. Do you want to be in the same place you are now? Or somewhere different? Persevere and you will reach your goals.

Congratulations on starting your journey and best wishes for much success.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options

^^^^ this!! :happy:
  • PaulaAnn143
    Options
    I have lost 162 lbs so far, going for 10 more . I made small goals and had to make rules too. Rules like no soda not even diet! No Juice either. No eating in the car! No eating at parties unless it was durning a meal time and I could make a healthy choice. Who says you have to eat cake at a birthday party? Do not use food as a reward. No eating at the movies (I broke this one often!) No fried foods. I added these rules one at a time. I would make a rule follow it till I could add a new rule. EXERCISE, no excuses. I decided that tho I was in terrible pain I wasnt gonna get better until I moved, do something, work thru the pain. I also came to accept the fact that I hate to exercise, but it was now my "job", a part time job that I had to do 12 hours a week, no quiting. Its been over well over a year now, I still don't care for it, but I have buildt friendships at the gym, I'm a social butterfly! LOL! Now that I have lost half of myself I have allowed myself sugar in very small amounts. I still follow no soda or juice, party and car rules. As to birthday cake I have a very small piece every 3rd bday party. Whats is funny about that is I felt I had to have it cause I may not have it agian. But there will always be another birthday party, I will go to the movies again, so I dont need to have that cake or popcorn this time. I did have some depression but that did pass. I went from being the fattest person in the room to sometimes the skinniest and its funny some people can still make comments that are sometimes mean. Oh well! I have never been healthier, annnnddddd no pain!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    well I've lost more than 75 lbs...and I have more than 75 lbs to go! I've lost 105lbs so far..I am not sure where my stopping point is..I just make a goal..get there..and then make another goal..The most important things I've learned are PORTION SIZES and MODERATION...oh and WATER AND WALKING...I think I will call that PMSS :) LOL...I switched to diet soda (gasp...) and I use Crystal light (just not for EVERY cup)...I literally lost the first 70 or so lbs by walking and cutting back on my portions (I learned that through Weight Watchers)....I used Leslie Sansone Walk at home videos...

And it took a long time to realize this wasn't going to happen overnight..I was so frustrated when I would lose 0.2lbs or something..but I was patient, and got back on track, and the ball just started rolling!

Thank you for this thread..I would love to look back and see what others have written! and GOOD LUCK TO YOU DARLIN! I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!
  • CherrySourz
    Options
    Wow, some great advice here. I'll be taking this with me :)