Too much water?

Options
I have been drinking about a gallon of water a day... Is this too much?? I am worried about retaining too much water...

Replies

• angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    my Dr. advised drink a minimum of 8 glasses and if you are overweight then drink atleast half your body weight in ounces. I weigh 200lbs so i try to drink atleast 100oz a day.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    No unless you go over 3 gallons your body can deal with that. I think I read that somewhere not too long ago.
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    Agreed with angiesteele. Half of your weight = how many ounces you have to drink a day. Meaning major bloating and peeing every thirty minutes for me.
  • bsteffneyjr
    bsteffneyjr Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    They say to drink half your body weight in water, i recommend alkaline water it is the best for your health i was turned on to it about a year ago and i feel better overall. Do some research i have the kyk g2 and i love it, though i heard tyent is good too if you have the money. alkaline water is up to 6x more hydrating than bottled water.

hope this helps

9626734.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I have always used the "Half your weight" rule. So if you weigh 200lbs then 100oz of water is all that you need unless you are working out and have been sweating a lot.

Here is some more information that might help...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    Options
    I don't think so. I drink anywhere from 10 to 15 cups a day, especially in the summer, sometimes I'll go over that even. I drink like that because I feel thirsty, especially with all the sweating from the heat, and from working out, I always feel dehydrated after working out. If you feel like you need to drink that much then there's nothing wrong with it. You shouldn't forceee yourself to drink more than 6 to 8 cups of water a day, depending on your height and body and what have you different people need different amounts of water. If you feel fine drinking that much then it's fine.
  • s00sh
    s00sh Posts: 91
    Options
    though it seems counter-intuitive, retaining water actually comes from being dehydrated, so no worries there ;)
  • MelissaCagle
    MelissaCagle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    They say to drink half your body weight in water, i recommend alkaline water it is the best for your health i was turned on to it about a year ago and i feel better overall. Do some research i have the kyk g2 and i love it, though i heard tyent is good too if you have the money. alkaline water is up to 6x more hydrating than bottled water.

hope this helps

9626734.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Where do you buy that at? Can you get it a Wal-Mart?
  • bsteffneyjr
    bsteffneyjr Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    no online www.kykusa.com it is actually on sale i paid 1695.00 its now 1496.00 25% off, do some research on alkaline water its good stuff
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have always used the "Half your weight" rule. So if you weigh 200lbs then 100oz of water is all that you need unless you are working out and have been sweating a lot.

Here is some more information that might help...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283

This has always been my rule as well... I'm supposed to drink just over a gallon a day by this rule and I've never had any issues from doing so.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Water can help you NOT retain. It's when your body doesn't have enough fluids that it starts to retain every little bit it can.

But don't drink it all at once. Spread it out throughout the day. Unless you're a marathon runner and then downing a gallon of water after a run, you're unlikely to have any negative side effects.
  • Bpayton
    Bpayton Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you so much to everybody's responses!! It helped me a lot!!!!