Dead with no energy post work.

Options
2»

Replies

• jaybelovely
    jaybelovely Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    There are a lot of carb foods that reduce bloating. Citrus fruits, pineapple, melons, cooked vegetables...etc. Also, drinking lots of water helps too especially if the high fat and high protein foods you are eating contains a lot of sodium, because excess sodium is guaranteed to make you bloated.

Even with the increased sodium from fat, I'm still pretty non bloated. Primarily the best carbs that do it to be, potatoes and pastas. But, those are the only carbs I care for specifically. So I'd rather lose weight and get lean and ditch the rest:) I do have the occasional fruits and such but nothing heavy.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Seems like you should be able to answer your own questions.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    OP is there a reason you are cutting carbs? Sounds like you need them.

Wel, I'm a trainer and supposed to stay in top notch shape. Lol. I got to 152 and carbs make me bloat like crazy. It was a good option for me I believe.

Apparently not if you don't gave the energy to do your job.

Maybe just reduce your carbs to somewhere less than 200g but more than 30?!

Or try and see what specifically boats you, wheat, rice, oats, potato, might not be all carbs that don't get on with you.

I appreciate your input, but you don't have to be rude in any way shape or form on my thread. Everyone's body is different, and it's obviously taking time to adapt and learn the best way to handle my new eating habits. You can't say something "apparently isn't the best option" because of a challenge that comes with something you endure that is new. If that's the case, we would get nowhere in life.

Thanks, though ;)

I don't see any rudeness, but ok.
  • jaybelovely
    jaybelovely Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    Seems like you should be able to answer your own questions.

And why does this seem so? Doesn't seem logical to ask a question I know a response to. I'm a personal trainer, not a nutritionist. Perhaps you aren't aware of an appropriate scope of practice. Again, thank YOU for the sarcastic remark. You "internet insulters" obviously have too much time on your hands. Have a blessed day.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options

Wel, I'm a trainer and supposed to stay in top notch shape. Lol. I got to 152 and carbs make me bloat like crazy. It was a good option for me I believe.

Or try and see what specifically boats you, wheat, rice, oats, potato, might not be all carbs that don't get on with you.

This is stated more eloquently than my blunt tactic. As a trainer, you can't be oblivious to changes and reactions whether it's from food or exercise.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    If you are low on carbs then you are gonna hit a wall during your workout.
    Just as simple as that.
    Happens to me.....so you can try altering your workouts, but with low carb it is gonna show

Side question, why go low carb in the first place?
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    you can be a good trainer and not be in "top notch shape" - I'm pretty sure bloating from carbs doesn't reduce your ability to trainer...I'm sure @ninerbuff could weigh in there
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »

This is stated more eloquently than my blunt tactic. As a trainer, you can't be oblivious to changes and reactions whether it's from food or exercise.

Apparently not, my response was rude...
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Not everyone can do low carb. With your schedule it might not be for you. At what level between 200 and 30-40 did the exhaustion start hitting? If you want less carbs in your life maybe shoot for 100g and see if you feel better there.

100g definitely wasn't that bad for me. I just don't want to slow down my progress. I initially wanted to go keto, to use fat for energy vs carbs. I planned to move to 20g perhaps maybe the next two weeks or so. At that point, I would imagine it being a tad bit easier?

Or, should my body already be using fat for energy since I'm below the 50g?

I know I could purchase ketostix, etc. just haven't taken the time. I'm loving how light my body feels on low carb, not bloated and definitely don't have the carb cravings like I was! Didn't know if there was maybe a carb strategy behind this or any other options besides increasing carbs.

This (keto) means you'll be using dietary fat for fuel - not more body fat. As such, it doesn't really fit your goals.

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I would try to figure what specifically bloats you before removing carbs to that degree. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater...
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Are you possibly allergic to gluten? Any symptoms other than bloating that went away when you cut the carbs? If the bloating is the main reason you went low carb, then you might just need to stay away from something more specific (like wheat) than carbs in general. (though I would expect that fatigue would have gotten better, not worse, in the case of celiac.).
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of carb foods that reduce bloating. Citrus fruits, pineapple, melons, cooked vegetables...etc. Also, drinking lots of water helps too especially if the high fat and high protein foods you are eating contains a lot of sodium, because excess sodium is guaranteed to make you bloated.

Even with the increased sodium from fat, I'm still pretty non bloated. Primarily the best carbs that do it to be, potatoes and pastas. But, those are the only carbs I care for specifically. So I'd rather lose weight and get lean and ditch the rest:) I do have the occasional fruits and such but nothing heavy.

Those are the ones that caused the biggest problem with bloating for me back when I cut wheat out of my diet (I had other symptoms in addition to the bloating though, which also cleared up that I had no idea were related) - I can eat them in small quantities now without issue, but will react to more than 1 slice of pizza or a whole bagel.
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    So, let's start by saying I've been working out for 5 years! I'm an insurance agent by day and a personal trainer by night. About 4 weeks ago, I started low carb. Before low carb, I was eating a good 200g carbs a day. If not more. Slowly been decreasing. I'm aiming for between 30-40g carbs per day now (WHILE EATING HIGH FAT AND HIGH PROTEIN).

By the time I finish my 9-5 job as an insurance agent, then complete training my clients by 9 or 10 pm, I am exhausted!!

If I have time during my gym shift without clients, I'll fit my session in then. If not, I head to the gym afterwards.

Any suggestions on increasing energy? Like perhaps time to inhale carbs? (Yes, I said inhale carbs) ha! All suggestions welcome.

I would go to the doctor and ask him or her if yo can have some blood work done. Last year i had a similar experience and my vitamin D was low. Try eating your regular meals with carb before you felt tired to see if is that! Did you check for diabetes? Thyroid? They can make you feel tired.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm tired just reading all you do in a day..