Options
2»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    get a pedometer and see how much you actually do move during the day

If I do 10,000 steps on my fitbit and no other exercise - my TDEE increases between 350 and 450 calories (from sedentary lifestyle) dependent on intensity - and 10,000 steps is really not that much it's a dog walk and a walk to the shops - if you are active and on your feet all day it would be easy for your TDEE to be around 2500

or you could go with my initial gut reaction which was shhhh....don't say it out loud, the universe might realise you're losing at 2000 and punish you in some way :wink:
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If your losing weight on 2k calories - Eat a couple hundred more for a few weeks and see if you lose weight!

Either:-

A) I think personally your burning more calories than you think

B) Your eating less than you really think

For you to lose weight you need to take in less than you burn - Your losing weight the scale is dropping, so this is happening!!

You quoted: - So I'm 5'9'' 138lbs and trying to get down to 129-132ish - That is super tiny, I am about 147lbs with a fair bit of muscle, Getting down to 129 is small especially for our height, you shouldn't focus on the number.

Why not eat say 2350 calories a day, and lift some heavy weights - Build some muscle.

Do you think your be able to maintain your weight weighing in @ 129lbs at 5 ft 9?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    2013 THREAD!
  • glorydancer32
    glorydancer32 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Just joined the the forum looking for accountability I'm 45 years old 325 pounds recently just started walking because I bed ridden been big all my life tried every diet possible the disability had stoped me from being motivated now that I'm doing better I have joined the gym and work out 3 day a week been trying to eat right and cut my calories in half but I'm always hungry and feel deprived I'm also very discouraged because of my limitations from my Doctor I'm not seeing the results I'm looking for My metabolism is extremely slow I have tried to speed it up eating vegetables although I do healthier I know the process is very slow for me and my weight is not coming off quick enough I do have an appointment with a gastric bypass surgeon because this will be my next step and my only alternative if I do not see results soon please any advice or help would be appreciated I'm crying out Help thank you
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    ironanimal wrote: »
    DO NOT LOWER IT

DO NOT LOWER IT

Enjoy losing on a higher amount than most. If you eventually reach a plateau, it gives you wiggle room a lot of people don't have.

Also, 2000 calories a day is pretty average for a woman, so don't worry that it's too much, no matter what all the ****ty media says.

I agree!!!
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    what is up with all this zombie threads???? i know halloween is coming up, but come on people!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Hello Just joined the the forum looking for accountability I'm 45 years old 325 pounds recently just started walking because I bed ridden been big all my life tried every diet possible the disability had stoped me from being motivated now that I'm doing better I have joined the gym and work out 3 day a week been trying to eat right and cut my calories in half but I'm always hungry and feel deprived I'm also very discouraged because of my limitations from my Doctor I'm not seeing the results I'm looking for My metabolism is extremely slow I have tried to speed it up eating vegetables although I do healthier I know the process is very slow for me and my weight is not coming off quick enough I do have an appointment with a gastric bypass surgeon because this will be my next step and my only alternative if I do not see results soon please any advice or help would be appreciated I'm crying out Help thank you

Glorydancer. You should start a new thread. You get more that way.