Need motivation! HELP

Options
Hi everyone, I'm 29 with 3 kids, currently on my weight loss journey.. I went through a rough couple years with anxiety and depression and gained some weight on my medication. I have lost total of 20 lbs but I think I've reached a plateau, can't seem to lose a lb and I've also lost all my motivation. My goal is to lose another 38-40 lbs! I need some help! Need to get my motivation back. Any tips or suggestions? Thanks

Replies

• andyzee69
    andyzee69 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Do you do any exercise? If so what do you do? I've found a combination of cardio AND resistance training works well. I've lost 31lbs this year so far so must be doing something right.
  • zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm 29 with 3 kids, currently on my weight loss journey.. I went through a rough couple years with anxiety and depression and gained some weight on my medication. I have lost total of 20 lbs but I think I've reached a plateau, can't seem to lose a lb and I've also lost all my motivation. My goal is to lose another 38-40 lbs! I need some help! Need to get my motivation back. Any tips or suggestions? Thanks

where do u need motivation? Are you exercising? Tracking every gram?
  • Reaver_P90X
    Reaver_P90X Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Cmc,
    Congrats on your 20lbs and willingness to keep going! I have been on a rollercoaster of weight gain and loss for what seems like years now and can surely understanding the frustrations of hitting a plateau. Some of the basic rules i have learned to break through these are:

1- keep the body guessing.
    What i mean by this is to change your workout and muscle groups. Your body can become accustomed to the same routine and deliver less results over time. As our workouts become easier it is also easy to get caught in a routine. So dont be afraid to shock your body out of a plateau

2- have a cheat day!
    At one point i hit a 4 week plateau. I was so frustrated. My calorie intake was -800 per day every day i couldnt figure out what was wrong! Then i found an article that explained how our bodies can go into "starvation mode" where it refuses to give up any reserves. I went to an all you can eat buffet 2 days in a row and pigged out a couple days later i was down 10lbs!

3- proper rest and stretching
    Make sure you are giving your body at least one rest day with some stretching. Most people underestimate the power of rest and stretching.

Not that this is much, but i hope it helps. Dont give in to frustration. Remeber this to shall pass and your focus determines your reality!

• jawjaws39
    jawjaws39 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    same here I always stay the same :(
    currently depressed cycle