P90X?

Options
Has anyone had great results with P90X? I have a few cousins who do triathlons and say it was money well spent. I would like to get more feedback from others before I commit to it.

Replies

• mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    lost 25 lbs in my first round. in my photo's i have a couple before and afters
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    First of All I am a beachbody coach...

I love all there programs. and suppliments are great oo. P90x is a great program. But like with many you have to put out the effort for it to give you the benifits you desire!!
  • bsteffneyjr
    bsteffneyjr Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Actually starting it tonight AGAIN! Injury stopped after 8 days a couple months ago. If you can handle allot of push ups and pull ups you will be fine. pullups are a little harder for me but they show you how to use a chair and they also show you easier options for most workouts with resistance bands. I do luv it though and can see that it will def work. Insanity or billies boot camp is recommended before starting this, at least that is what they say.

good luck i am starting day 1 after work
  • soccrosse43
    Options
    I am currently doing my first round of P90X, and I absolutely love it. I started off in January at 200 lbs, and I have lost 45 lbs alone in 4 months just by simply changing my diet and watching what I ate through myfitnesspal.

I started P90X in June and I have already seen tremendous results. I am currently on Day 51, starting Week 8, which is the second recovery week. Since being on the program, I have lost an additional 8 lbs (still recording what I eat in myfitnesspal, but have had to increase caloric/protein/carb intake due to intense workouts), but have gained a lot of lean muscle and a lot of muscle definition. I would highly recommend the program!!! The first week is really tough, I am not going to lie; your muscles will be incredibly sore, but just keep pressing the play button, and you will soon begin to see the results of your hard work as well as look forward to working out everyday! The P90X workouts are designed in such a way where you can modify and adapt each individual workout, depending on your fitness level, which is perfect and why the program can tailor to a broad spectrum of individuals. Just find what works for you, work hard for the 45 minutes to an 1 hr (depending on the workout), and you will be blown away by how effective the program is.

I have already purchased Insanity for when I am done with P90X and can't wait to start it. Also, P90X2 is coming out this fall, which should be awesome and in perfect timing if you are starting now.

Good luck with P90X... and enjoy it!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    My husband purchased it and I'm trying it out. I'm not a body-builder by any means, but I've included weight training in my fitness routine for years, along with cardio and yoga. These workouts, though, are not like "weight training for bulk" programs I've seen in the past. You need minimal equipment, but the workouts are tough. It notes in the videos that you may want to start with an easier workout if you are not reasonably fit (see beachbody.com). Since I've been seriously slacking on my exercise routine the last few months, I can't get through the entire routines (they are typically 45 min-1 hr) and I find I need to do the less-intensive versions of some of the exercises. But, I also see a quick buildup of stamina and strength happening.

Other advice - shop around - try ebay. We by no means paid the retail price for a new set. I think it sells on beachbody.com for around $120 + shipping and we paid around $80, I think. My husband is a bargain hunter, so maybe he just got lucky. :0)

Good luck!