HCG

onelastchance
onelastchance Posts: 2
edited September 30 in Health and Weight Loss
So im just starting the hcg diet. I purchased the advance drops at our local GNC store mainly because a girlfriend of mine has had huge success in just 2weeks. But I am wondering if I have to stick to their diet. I can stick with the 500cals a day by sticking with lean cuisines...I love them! If anyone has tried these drops let me know how you did it and how well it worked for you please. Any information is much appreciated.

Replies

• agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    I dont think you are going to find much support for the hcg diet on this site...
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    The entire point of the "HCG diet" is it supresses you down to 500 calorie intake for a long period of time. I mean if you think you can get by with eating 500 calories a day for 6 weeks without the drops then by all means go for it.

But know this, when you go back to eating normal again you will gain alot of that weight back.

If you stay on a 500 calorie intake for a longer period of time then you risk major health problems. Liver, kidney, and heart problems just to name a few.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    500 calories a day and no exercise recommended doesn't sound healthy to me. I've seen people have good initial results but they haven't lasted. Be careful if you do try it. Lean Cuisine tastes so good because, I'm guessing, you haven't weaned off sodium. They're very high in it. Not the best way to spend your calories. Produce is much more filling with a lot less calories.

Good luck on your journey.
  • ngilliam1
    ngilliam1 Posts: 14
    I think you should maybe think of a healthier way to lose weight. 500 calories a day is just NOT healthy at all.
  • patticrn
    patticrn Posts: 6
    Hi! Im new here. Trying to figure out how to find friends that are using HCG. Don't really want lectures from
    people who don't get it about how unhealthy it is. Feel free to friend me!!
  • GingerbreadArtist
    GingerbreadArtist Posts: 212 Member
    I dont think you are going to find much support for the hcg diet on this site...

Check out this other community board on MFP....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/292250-hcg-progress-updates-page-2-for-people-on-it-or-thinking-a

It's full of good advice and tons of support for HCG.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    You've already been given the links to the supportive thread for HCG. My best advice is to NOT use Lean Cuisine. The most success will come from eating clean, minimally processed foods. It takes more preparation and planning, but you will feel better and actually relearn about portion sizes. Not to mention that they tend to be high in sodium and preservatives.

I am at the beginning of my second round. I lost around 30 pounds the first time. If you want to look at my diary, it is open. My first round of VLCD started around the beginning of May.
    So im just starting the hcg diet. I purchased the advance drops at our local GNC store mainly because a girlfriend of mine has had huge success in just 2weeks. But I am wondering if I have to stick to their diet. I can stick with the 500cals a day by sticking with lean cuisines...I love them! If anyone has tried these drops let me know how you did it and how well it worked for you please. Any information is much appreciated.
  • Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    I used to take HCG shots daily along with the500-800 calorie a day diet.... I lost a ton of weight but the second I stopped... I gained it all back plus 20 more! I think it was just too drastic and unrealistic!

I am now on them again (the injectable one from trim nutrition) however I am counting calories on MFP (1210 calories a day) and drinking 3 liters of water a day. I am not losing it at 2lbs a day like I was with the 800 calories a day however I AM losing it and feel great. I just started MFP and I am using the HCG injections as a jump start for my weight loss. Since I am working out and eating 1210 calories a day... I think that my transition should be a bit easier when I get off the shots in a few weeks. When I stop taking the shots I am going to continue to count my calories, drink the 3 liters of water a day and work out 4 times a week.

HCG takes stored fat or fat that you have eaten and breaks it up... you have to drink the water in order to lose any weight at all... as it will flush out the broken down fat.

Let me know how it works for you and what you guys think!!!
This discussion has been closed.