Just started T25 and can't get past modified

Options
nstone0514
nstone0514 Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
So a little about me... I'm a 25 year old mother of four. My oldest is 8, my oldest daughter is 5, and My two youngest are 23 months and 8 months so I had them very close together... so imagine the weight gain.

I'm 5'9 and before I got pregnant I was only 120lbs... I'm now 185.

I started t25 and watching my macros but I can't get past doing the modified and that's by the skin of my teeth.

Will I still be able to get results? Help or experience?

(Sorry, I had to edit. I didn't post my entire original post for some reason..)

Replies

• manwaffles
    manwaffles Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing it? Any Insanity workout is pretty intense and will take a little while before you can build the endurance and cardiovascular conditioning to keep up with the moves. As long as you are pushing yourself and giving it your all you'll see results both with your numbers and your abilities. They offer modified move examples for a reason so don't get down on yourself! Keep pressing play and trust the process.
    As far as will you still get results? With any fitness program or regimen nothing is as important as changes in your diet. You said you're counting your macros so you obviously have a good grasp on what your daily goals should be. Keep focusing on hitting your macro goals, track EVERYTHING you put in your body and just keep at it.
  • nstone0514
    Options
    manwaffles wrote: »
    How long have you been doing it? Any Insanity workout is pretty intense and will take a little while before you can build the endurance and cardiovascular conditioning to keep up with the moves. As long as you are pushing yourself and giving it your all you'll see results both with your numbers and your abilities. They offer modified move examples for a reason so don't get down on yourself! Keep pressing play and trust the process.
    As far as will you still get results? With any fitness program or regimen nothing is as important as changes in your diet. You said you're counting your macros so you obviously have a good grasp on what your daily goals should be. Keep focusing on hitting your macro goals, track EVERYTHING you put in your body and just keep at it.

Awesome! Thank you, that was great advice.
  • nstone0514
    Options
    Also, I just started it this week... well sort of.

I've committed to it this week. I've started it two other times and got to day two or three and just quit. I'm determined this time. When your kids start pointing out how "jiggly" you are, it's time...
  • LostSun8
    LostSun8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about getting past modified. Focus on making sure you are getting a good workout that is challenging but not causing pain or causing you to not stick with the program . Even modified, you're doing more than what you were doing before and that counts for a lot. Don't burn yourself out or beat yourself up. Keep good tabs on what you're eating because that is what's going to make the biggest difference.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Just do as much as you can and you will improve week by week.

I'm doing p90x and the first two weeks is always rough when I start over. After your body gets use to it things get easier and you can push harder.

Good luck