Gummies?

Options
Myeloma everyone. Just downloaded the app 4-5 days ago. I'm logging everything, exercise included. It's working great for me. I am experiencing the fake hunger pains because I'm acccistomed to stuffing myself. I've been considering the gummies for fat loss and metabolism. Can anyone tell me how effective they are?

Replies

• heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    The only thing that works is a calorie deficit. There's no shortcut, no pill, no wrap, no tea, no smoothie, no supplement, no gummy, no magic bulkier, nothing else that works.

The most it will do is relieve you of your money. It will not make you lose weight.
  • jdswartz1977
    jdswartz1977 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    At best, they should give you more energy to exercise for a longer period of time or at a higher intensity level. Be careful because a lot of those products can dehydrate you quickly. I use a couple of products to give me more energy when running @ 5 am or going to the gym but I have been checked out and cleared by an MD.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Agree with heliskrimsl!! Calories deficit is it! Try drinking a bottle of water when hungry! If after 20 minutes you are still hungry have a small snack, like an apple or carrot sticks.
  • edlanglais5
    edlanglais5 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    No I get it. Not looking for a magical pill. I've actually got the calorie counting gym down to a science. As I said, I'm achieving great results. I'm only trying to see if something could help combat the fake hunger pains, that way I'm not so overwhelmed one day and end up eating a full large pizza in one sitting. I noticed that the gummies promote themselves as an appetite suppressant.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Which gummies are these? The sugar-free? The sugar-free will do it! Don't go to far from the toilet. Lol
  • edlanglais5
    Options

At best, they should give you more energy to exercise for a longer period of time or at a higher intensity level. Be careful because a lot of those products can dehydrate you quickly. I use a couple of products to give me more energy when running @ 5 am or going to the gym but I have been checked out and cleared by an MD.

Well if that's the only benefit, I have preworkout drink and it gives me a huge boost of energy.

• jdswartz1977
    jdswartz1977 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Well if that's the only benefit, I have preworkout drink and it gives me a huge boost of energy.

I would stick with that to help increase your calorie deficit.
  • edlanglais5
    Options
    Which gummies are these? The sugar-free? The sugar-free will do it! Don't go to far from the toilet. Lol

Looks like I'll need to do my homework. Thanks!

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Gummies are a staple of pro cycling teams everywhere, but they generally eat them to keep from losing weight, not the other way around.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options

Which gummies though?
  • edlanglais5
    Options
    Gummies are a staple of pro cycling teams everywhere, but they generally eat them to keep from losing weight, not the other way around.

Correct but it appears that there are different gummies with different benefits, marketing for different results.
  • edlanglais5
    Options

Which gummies though?

I was looking at hydroxycut. However, I'll look for a sugar free brand if they aren't.

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

Which gummies though?

I was looking at hydroxycut. However, I'll look for a sugar free brand if they aren't.

I think people here were thinking you meant gummies as in gummy bears - the candy. Hydroxycut doesn't work, btw. What is your calorie allotment each day?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Correct but it appears that there are different gummies with different benefits, marketing for different results.

The key is "marketing". All weight loss supplements/"fat burners" are scams, backed by slick marketing and phony testimonials. The only place they'll help you lose weight is from your wallet.

Here's a good thing to remember about such 'supplements': If it works, it isn't legal; if it's legal, it doesn't work.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    Doh! A blonde moment!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    The Haribo brand sugar-free gummies are especially cleansing.
  • edlanglais5
    Options

Which gummies though?

I think people here were thinking you meant gummies as in gummy bears - the candy. Hydroxycut doesn't work, btw. What is your calorie allotment each day?
    My apologies. I should been more specific. My calorie allotment is 1940. I typically have two hour workouts balanced with cardio and weight training 4 times a week.