Best sneakers

Options
Hi all! First time posting. I am currently a Skechers wearer. I'm looking for a new running/crossfit sneaker. Any recommendation would be a great help! I go into a shoe store and I walk out. There are so many options! Thank you in advance!

Replies

• cahubbard6421
    cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Running- Saucony Kinvara
  • moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I run in Brooks Ghost 7, but I'm going to switch to either the Brooks Ghost 9 or Brooks Glycerin 14 in a couple of weeks. I've run in a lot of different brands and I've found Brooks to suit my feet and running style the best. My recommendation is to go to a store specializing in running gear.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Go to a decent footwear store and get fitted.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a "running store" that can examine your gate? Expect to spend $120 if your here in the US. I just did this two weekends ago and the shoes they recommended have been great.

Its vitally important to have a good shoe fitted for how your foot drops. I bought Mizuno.
  • HdezJ
    HdezJ Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    They may not look like great workout shoes, but i use Jordans 1 flight 3 shoes. I bought 1 pair and no other shoe has ever felt this good. Now i have 4 of these shoes. I use them everyday

https://www.google.com/search?q=jordan+1+flight+3&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwje0fXAuurTAhUR24MKHTZLDFQQ_AUICigC&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=UCTWGXJDBc_wsM:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm a new balance girl personally (and sketchers for walking) but you need whats best for your feet, not what anyone else likes.

go to a running shop and get fitted for running shoes.

don't wear them for crossfit.
  • curborough
    curborough Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Skechers go run without a doubt! Go walks for walking..best shoes in the world!
  • KcRavassa
    KcRavassa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My friend introduced me to Saucony and I absolutely love their Women's Jazz Original Sneaker. Seriously, I can run on pavement, trail run, hike, whatever and no blisters or sore feet. I broke mine in on a 16 mile hike and no problems whatsoever. Can't recommend them enough! In fact, I kind of keep tabs on it on Amazon because every so often they'll have it on sale for $20 in my size ... Depending on your size, Amazon has at least one variety on sale for that low (not mine today, sigh): https://www.amazon.com/Saucony-Originals-Womens-Original-Sneaker/dp/B000OUUD6W
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    The best shoe in the world is the one that works best for you. Every major company makes great shoes. Finding the one that you like and keeps you from injury is the key. Don't go by anyone's recommendation and never go by name brand. FWIW, I hate Saucony. As you see above, other love them.

If you want to run, go to a running store and get fitted.

Good luck.
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You may need two different pairs for running and crossfit!
    Running needs some cushioning and support (unless you're a barefoot nut).
    Crossfit needs minimal cushioning to ensure stability while lifting weights - lifting heavy while wearing squidgy running shoes is a bad idea!

I lift in New Balance Minimus 20v5, but love Nike Pegasus for other things.

For sure get properly fitted though, particularly the running shoes.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    You should go get fitted. I love my nike free 4.0 flyknit and my Mizunos, but they don't work for everyone.
  • govenderd1
    govenderd1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Two years ago, I went and got fitted with a pair of asics. Best improvement to my running in years!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Andrea1024 wrote: »
    running/crossfit

If you're buying running shoes, don't use them for crossfit, as you'll damage the structure.

The best running shoe for you is the most appropriate for your running gait, style and the type of terrain tha you run on.

There is little point in me recommending an Inov-8 Mudclaw if you're not running long distances on wet trails. Equally a RoadClaw would be inappropriate for those if you are.

As others are suggesting, I'd recommend a proper running shop and trying a few models on.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Check out Hoka's for running.
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I agree you should get fitted based on your gait, terrain, running style and type of foot ( wide or narrow, high or low arch, rigid or flexible, toes etc). Surprisingly, men's shoes work best on me because I've never worn women's dress shoes/high heels so my toes are not scrunched up front like most women are by adulthood due to the constant pressure of pointy toed heels. So, there's not enough toe room in women's shoes and I'd get blisters thinking it was my socks fault. But I got fitted and tried on men's shoes and they were so much more comfortable....and added bonus of being cheaper too!
  • JessM822
    JessM822 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Another thing to look at is miles per dollar. Sketchers are usually on the cheaper side, and for running they don't hold up well when you get higher mileage on them. The Hoka One are more expensive but hold up with higher mileage. I don't know how much you run though so it may not even matter. I usually switch out my shoes around 300 miles. I'm a huge fan of Nike Fury. I don't like a lot of padding under my feet. I like to feel the ground.
  • WonderWomanOCR
    WonderWomanOCR Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Echoing the fitting, especially for the running shoes; as well as they'll be able to recommend the appropriate shoe for the type of running you're doing (i.e., I have five pairs of "running" shoes, which I'll wear depending on the terrain and distance.) The only time I run in my CF shoes (inov8 FLITE 235s) is during a WOD with running, and I make sure to be super strict on my mechanics as there's no cushion for road running.