always aching

Options
Hi I am 30 years old, and 5ft 9 n 10st 5lbs so not really overweight or anything. My fitness is pretty average but I am quite strong. However, the problem I have is any kind of strenuous activity (which I don't find strenuous at the time) leave my musccles aching the next day. For example even stuff like wallpapering, painting which I have been doing a lot of lately and my back is aching the next day as does 10 mins bouncing on the kids trampoline. I don't struggle to carry out the activities at the time as I have a fair amount of energy and like I say am strong so why does it leave me aching.
I want to start 30 day shred but am worried I am not going to be able to move. Feel like I am about 90 lol. I used to horse ride when I was younger and clean out two stables daily and nebver had this aching problem-its just been since I had my kids :-/

Replies

• seph_house
    seph_house Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    is it the muscles you are using/moving that ache (i.e. arms when you are painting etc) or is it mostly the back? without knowing anything about you or your body (or being a professional or anything:), my guess would be that your core/stomach muscles need building up a bit which i think is pretty common after having kids. if they are weak, you will overcompensate with your back & that will ache.

i love (and hate) pilates for building up those muscles but any core strengthening work should help.
  • fiona1980
    fiona1980 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hiya-its always my back that aches! One of the mums at my DDs school was on about pilates and core strength being weak after having kids so that makes sense-will look up some exercises on youtube!
  • seph_house
    seph_house Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    good luck, i know it's help with my back aches a lot & i don't even have the kids excuse:)