Stronger Better Faster Feb 2nd

Options
Good morning. This is a long post because I've included pictures of the bed! Alex slept in it last night!
Today is going to be a day of cleaning! We are going to set up our home study for adoption on the 21st so I need to get the house organized and cleaned really well. That may be my only work outs other that pushups and situps for the next three weeks! lol. Oh yes and I am doing the situps and pushups today.
I need to get busy. Here's the video link to Alex's reaction to the bed and then the pictures!
Have a good Monday!
MM
http://www.stevemc.com/video/2-1-2009-2.wmv

2-1-2009-8_xsmall.jpg

2-1-2009-9_xsmall.jpg

2-1-2009-10_xsmall.jpg

2-1-2009-13_xsmall.jpg

2-1-2009-14_xsmall.jpg

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning. This is a long post because I've included pictures of the bed! Alex slept in it last night!
    Today is going to be a day of cleaning! We are going to set up our home study for adoption on the 21st so I need to get the house organized and cleaned really well. That may be my only work outs other that pushups and situps for the next three weeks! lol. Oh yes and I am doing the situps and pushups today.
    I need to get busy. Here's the video link to Alex's reaction to the bed and then the pictures!
    Have a good Monday!
    MM
    http://www.stevemc.com/video/2-1-2009-2.wmv

2-1-2009-8_xsmall.jpg

2-1-2009-9_xsmall.jpg

2-1-2009-10_xsmall.jpg

2-1-2009-13_xsmall.jpg

2-1-2009-14_xsmall.jpg
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Love that video MM! What a cutie! And the bed looks fantastic! :flowerforyou:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Melissa, that looks amazing & the video is too cute! Great job :flowerforyou:
    Mary, without exercise, all that "other" stuff would drive me insane. It's MY time and I can tell when I don't get it, psychologically and physically.

Last night was a planned pig-out night. I thoroughly intended to eat until I popped, but ended up raiding the hosts fruit bowl by the end of the night 'cause the junk just wasn't cutting it. Who knew apples tasted so good with all the high fat dips, ribs, salsas, spreads, etc. I guess that qualifies me as a convert from junk food? :laugh:

Heading off to teach, then quick workout and off to restaurant job tonight. How was everyone's superbowl? Here's to Feb. Don't forget to take pictures, weights & measurements!
    Arianne :)
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Ari, unfortunately I did pig out last night and ended up feeling sick! Ugh don't want to do that again for awhile.

MM you are really talented, I bet he likes his bed very much.

I haven't been on for a few because my daughter fell the other day and severely sprained her ankle so I have been doing the running for her(well not literally, lol) I went to her place and did all the laundry so she does not have to worry about that. She lives on the third floor so just getting up and down the stairs with crutches is problematic. At least she didn't break it. But I'm sure the students in her class will probably pick on her.

So goals for today are my waters, get off my duff and get on the treadmill, and not mentally beat myself up for the weight I've gained. I am having problems getting back on track eating, but I am sure I will get there. So on that positive note ladies I will go drive my bus. Have a nice week.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Remember me??? :ohwell:

I survived my training class in NYC last week and am still very hard at work on my project. I haven't done any exercise other than walking for awhile. I stayed in Brooklyn and my class was in lower Manhattan, so at least I was walking to and from the subway every day. I also ate a bit too much - staying in hotels and eating out all the time is dangerous, because I can't take leftovers back to the room and I can't seem to leave food on my plate! Oh well. The end is in sight... I sent my advisor a long email update yesterday, and he responded this morning with some positive feedback. Less than 3 weeks to go!

Viv, I'm sorry that you're going back to work under these circumstances, but at least it's over and you can start getting back to normal life. MM, that bed looks awesome. Way to go! Mary, good luck training for your race. Congrats to those who are reaching their goals, and hugs to those who have been struggling. I'll see you all at the end of February (hopefully with degree in hand)! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I just did 80 on my push ups test! Yipee! That's where I left off last year before bed rest! Yay!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Oh MM. . .I'm not sure. . .but I think he likes it! How adorable. . .

I've declared this week "do what I want. . .but exercise by any means necessary. . . week."

To that, I just did an hour of hip hop abs (cardio and total body burn) to the tune of 430 calories. Let's just say there's not a career as a hip hop dancer in my future, but it's so much fun. He cracks me up in small doses.

Went back teaching today. . .I'd prepared a really eloquent speech about how this was "a difficult time for all of us, and I hope they're approaching this with the right attitude, because we now have to make up for lost time. . .blah blah blah." But when I opened my mouth. . .what came out was "You have no idea how happy I am to see you guys!" That seemed to break the ice. . .the campus felt a little awkward, but also exciting. . .like the first day of school, with all the kids so happy to see each other. Let's hear it for normalcy.

Take care!:flowerforyou:
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    ~ mechanicmom, Love the bed! My boys would be grinning from ear to ear too! Way to go Mom! & Way to go on the push ups!
    ~ Arianne, I've found I really can't 'pig out' anymore either. I gravitate towards better choices for the most part. Great job!
    ~ cp005e, keep up the hard work! You will be done before you know it!
    ~ kjllose, sorry about your daughter. It's nice that you are able to help her out. Take care of yourself, too. You'll be back on track in no time.
    ~ viviakay, glad that being back at work was easier than you'd thought it would be. And, I've got Hip Hop Abs on my list for the library. Hope my turn come up soon and I can try it out. Sounds fun!
    ~ Mary, good luck with the bike training. Enjoy yourself!

I had to go back and see what I set my goals at for this week to make sure I'm still on track...

"This week my goals are to mix in at least 3 workout dvd's, use the ab lounger everyday, jog/run a mile at least 4 days this week & keep drinking my 10 waters."

I'm good on waters, have used the ab lounger each day, and have run a mile 2 times. I'd better get a dvd in today or I'm going to run out of time to get them in. I'm having a problem with being REALLY tired lately. I'm taking my vitamins, eating well, exercising - not sure what's going on. Any ideas for me?

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!
    Niccole :flowerforyou:

8056.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options

I'm good on waters, have used the ab lounger each day, and have run a mile 2 times. I'd better get a dvd in today or I'm going to run out of time to get them in. I'm having a problem with being REALLY tired lately. I'm taking my vitamins, eating well, exercising - not sure what's going on. Any ideas for me?

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!
    Niccole :

allergies?

Cute bed MM!