What are some of your favorite low calorie foods?

Options
13»

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Romaine lettuce with hot sauce
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

:|
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    tsortsor wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »

:|

goes excellent with ice cubes
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    I'm with @SunflowerDaisey on the whole egg scandal. There's a big calorie difference between an egg white omelette and a full egg omelette and if someone wants to shave a few calories of their meal using egg whites then so be it. She never suggested at 51 calorie breakfast...

my breakfast is usually 4-600, using egg whites = extra sausages
  • nutmeg1218
    nutmeg1218 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    tsortsor wrote: »
    Sugar free jello! It's like 10 calories per serving. Can have a 20 egg white omelette and 50 servings of jello

I love sf jello and sf pudding! Gives you something sweet without guilt. Just had VGS and these have really helped!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Spinach
    Lentil soup
    Apple
    Orange
    Tomato
    Roasted broccoli
    Parmesan crusted tilapia
    Starkist tuna creations, lemon pepper
    dill pickles
    Newman's Own Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette or Italian dressings
    113 g cottage cheese
    113 g Greek yogurt (honey flavored)
    Sara Lee whole wheat bread
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    btw, it's been discovered that the cholesterol in egg yolks doesn't become bio-available to mess with your blood cholesterol level, so yolks are no longer considered a food to avoid. But-yolks have more calories than whites and some people (my niece--what a weirdo) don't like the taste.

I'm that weirdo too. My brother doesn't like the whites, but does the yolk, so it wasn't like there was any wastage in our house as kids. :lol:
  • aljomaiar
    aljomaiar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would prefer to not only pay attention to calories alone but also to the body chemestry. I noticed that when I start with a piece of bread with good honey bee (particularly sidr honey), my apetite to sugary food and generally towards food becomes less and I achieve my calory count goal :D
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Roasted seaweed - 10 calories a pack
    Radishes
    Cabbage leaves instead of tortillas for wraps
    Spaghetti squash - a whole big cup with marinara sauce
    Mamey sapote "ice cream" made with cinnamon unsweetened vanilla almond milk - I just tried mamey fruit for the first time two weeks ago, it's so good and satisfying.

On the egg front, I never have seen the point of egg whites. To me the flavor of the yolk is what makes it taste like an egg,
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Halo Top ice cream