Why, why, why?

Options
I know that people look some and think I need to lose weight so why is it when at a gathering and I am adamant I am choosing healthy, do they say... "oh it's a celebration, have a piece of cake" or "have a cheat day, we are all having a drink" or "but it's a Tuesday, that can be your day off" ? The thing is, I don't want the cake or the drink and I don't need a day off yet. I feel like they want to sabotage me before I even get started!

Replies

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Your post reminds me of a "friend" who couldn't stand the thought that I wouldn't drink with her. After much persuasion you'd think she would have given up, but, no, she resorted to trying to spike my soda with alcohol. It actually ended any friendship we may have had. I just smile and say no thanks now. Like Tiny_Dancer_in_Pink said, "you've got this!"
  • moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I just say I'm gluten free for health reasons and a recovering alcoholic. One is the truth, one is a fib, but it ends the pushing.
  • Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Trying not to.smile, but the reality of it is yes, they are trying to sabotage. So my advice looks like, feels like it and sounds like then guess what it is it. Ignore them and do what is best for you. I use the excuse I have allergies when you say that everyone backs off.