success stories in chicago

Options
i'm new to this program - i guess i'm just looking to hear from people in my area who are having positive results....

Replies

• nldsmiley
    nldsmiley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am from Milwaukee...too far?
  • icandoit35
    Options
    oh no, that's great. i guess i was probably too specific - but i really just wanted to hear from people who stick with the tracking and the program...and if you ever become less hungry? :)
  • barleespringers
    Options
    I've lost 29 pounds since joining in May 2011, and I live in Chicago.
  • rosy_rsls
    rosy_rsls Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Im from aurora! Ive lost almost 20 lbs since april! :smile:
  • deknocker0410
    Options
    Greets from Lincoln Park!!

I'm a 19 year old Sophomore at DePaul University...

February 10, 2011 I weighed 224 pounds...Now, on July 25, 2011 I weigh a measly 159!!!

65 Pounds lost in about 5 and a half months!!
    Add me! I'll throw some encouragement your way, and you do the same for me :)

GO BEARS.
  • barleespringers
    Options
    oh no, that's great. i guess i was probably too specific - but i really just wanted to hear from people who stick with the tracking and the program...and if you ever become less hungry? :)

Short answer, yes. lol
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    Down 45 lbs since May 1st, 2011 and live in South Chicagoland. I track my food everyday. I just cut out all the garbage and starting moving more gradually increasing the workouts that I do. It took about 2 weeks for my body to adjust from eating how I was to my new reduced Diet of 2000 calories. Good luck to you, add me if you'd like!

-Dave
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I live in Bartlett IL. I have lost 35lbs sticking to MFP. It's the best FREE weight loss tool! I've met great friends here, set some great goals and everyone has been so supportive every step of the way.

I've gained 11lbs back since June (been on vacation) but I will knock those out and get back on track.

Welcome! You'll love it here!!!!
  • deknocker0410
    Options

While you DO become less hungry, it does take awhile.... Remember, the more you lose, the more you have to cut back! Right now I can only be eating 1590 calories a day (And I'm a 19 year old boy!! I'M HUNGRY!!) But be prepared for the first few weeks to CONSTANTLY be hungry. You can push through it though. Shrink that stomach!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I'm in Milwaukee! I started last August weighing 242lbs (5'7") about 2 days after my 28th birthday. I'm down 69lbs as of this week. My original goal was to weigh 165lbs, I've since revamped it down to at least 159lbs. That's the top of my healthy BMI so after that I'll focus less on the scale and more on how I look and feel in clothes ;)

It's a long journey but it's SOOO worth it. At this time last year I NEVER EVER could have imagined how I'd look and feel a year later. I LOVE working out, I enjoy trying new things for workouts and fitness. I enjoy cooking more. I have more energy.

I started small, with just the food for about a month or 6 weeks, then added in small exercises and worked my way up. It doesn't happen over night.

You can totally do this!!

If you'd like to add me make sure you leave a message about why you'd like to be friends otherwise I ignore anyone with no message.

Edit: The first 2 weeks or so I thought I was starving (so set your loss to only 1lbs a week to start with because it's likely still a drastic reduction in food for you, it was for me). After that I found it gets better. I was at 2lbs a week for quite awhile, now I'm at 1lbs a week loss. Over the course of the year I've averaged 1.3lbs lost a week :D
  • fitwatch
    fitwatch Posts: 61
    Options
    Hi,
    I am in town too! Just started but making progress. The program gives you a lot of clarity on where the biggest problems are (that is types of food).
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Chicago. I've been here since April 30th and so far have lost 27.5 lbs., MFP rounded it up to 28 :) Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • icandoit35
    Options
    wow, some great feedback!
    thanks for sharing, everyone. it's very helpful...
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    From Lombard here! Feel free to add me, I'm always interested in new friends from the area... welcome to MFP neighbor! :)
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm from Chicago and I've lost 12 lbs since June 13th (6 weeks today). I track my meals and workouts every day with MyFitnessPal and am working out with Turbo Jam from Beachbody.

Good luck! You can do it!

Morgan
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm in "the loop" area of Chicago. I love walking/slow jogging (I call it "slogging") right now on the Lakefront Bike Path. Feel free to add me--maybe we can do a meetup group sometime. :)

I've found the longer I'm dedicated to the fitness and eating right stuff that I can resist sweets more then I used to. The other day I walked right passed free donuts in the break room! Not as to say that I don't eat them (if there had been jelly filled I would have been ALL over that), but I've become more choose-y knowing the caloric consequences. :)

I drink more water and eat healthy snacks--I make sure to leave the office on breaks and when I get bored around the house I go for a walk instead of eating snacks and watching TV. For me, healthy choices are about routines and making every snack a conscious decision. Did I have a whole box of "Sour Patch" kids at "Captain America?" Hell yeah! But I made the decision to allow that craving and went on a super long walk later. I didn't let my urge to eat a box of Sour Patch kids AND raisinettes AND a soda own me. :)

I might be rambling...I hope this helps. LOL!