Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is this binging? How do I stop?

So I'm satisfied I eat a meal and I don't feel extremely full but not hungry either! That is where I should be... I go out sometimes and there are brownies cookies ice cream Bree chips etc... and I can't stop... especially with chips... I just enjoy eating so much I come home not feeling well and too full... I feel like I did most of the eating there compared to most people. And my hunger was already satisfies I didn't need more... I went over the edge this time but I feel like I always do this and it makes me sad... how do I think about food less, how do I stop this overeating habits? Any tricks... ugh

Replies

• xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    What's your current height and weight?
  • missdelainie
    missdelainie Posts: 75 Member
    5'2 and a half My weight ranged from 107-111
  • missdelainie
    Last time I weighed myself I was 110 and my habits were like this... my best is when I'm 107
  • missdelainie
    I honestly feel sick now there was no need for me to do this and I think it's a problem, obviously when there is food I front of m I go for it when I'm already full... how do I say no? I really enjoy eating!!!! It's a hobby
  • xchocolategirl
    I'm not an expert, but I've noticed that people who tend to binge do so because they were restricting themselves prior to the binge, and since they were so hungry they just ate so much thus a binge.

I wouldn't recommend you lose any weight you're at a healthy weight. How many calories do you consume now?
  • missdelainie
    1200-1500 a day but I don't restrict calories I eat healthy breakfast lunch and dinner....
  • missdelainie
    Even snacks!!
  • xchocolategirl
    edited May 2017
    1200-1500 a day but I don't restrict calories I eat healthy breakfast lunch and dinner....

I would recommend you eat at maintenance this in turn will allow you to eat more food so you won't be so hungry. Change your goals on MyFitnessPal to maintain weight and eat the calories provided.

1200 calories is super low this is how much someone would be consuming if they're trying to lose 2 pounds a week at your current height and weight. how many calories does MyFitnessPal gave you when you switch your goal to maintain weight?

I would also recommend you visit a health professional about the binging. Instead of trying to lose weight which you were probably doing eating 1200 calories body recomposition would be a better goal for you.
  • missdelainie
    I don't want to maintain I want to be 105-107 which I used to be long ago....but when I actually cant stop eating my weight goes higher obviously... i seem to eat like this cause it's "the weekend" but now I feel like crap...
  • xchocolategirl
    I don't want to maintain I want to be 105-107 which I used to be long ago....but when I actually cant stop eating my weight goes higher obviously... i seem to eat like this cause it's "the weekend" but now I feel like crap...

I stand with the advice I gave you, and I would strongly recommend if you're not seeing a health professional you should. I think my advice was pretty sound. Good luck!
  • Hoshiko
    Hoshiko Posts: 179 Member

I stand with the advice I gave you, and I would strongly recommend if you're not seeing a health professional you should. I think my advice was pretty sound. Good luck!

I agree. I thought your advice was really sound.

OP, you are obviously unhappy with your food habits, and if I'm understanding this correctly you are being very harsh with yourself over what essentially amounts to a 3-5 lb difference. I'm not saying that you should maintain forever, but maybe maintain for a bit while you figure out what is making you binge?
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    OP go easy on yourself. I'm the same height and I *wish* around the same weight. Since you are upset/concerned try the above advice and eat just a few days at maintenance. I find this helps break my rut and I'm ready to refocus and lose again after a couple days.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member

most people have a weight range,most will fluctuate between 5lb or more,depending on person.if you are 110 then its possible you are in the 105-107 weight range and you are retaining water/extra waste from eating more..you cant stay one number weight wise,its always going to fluctuate hr to hr,day to day. stop worrying and take the advice you were given.

you dont need to lose a few vanity lbs and being at a lower weight its going to be harder to lose anyway. if you have fat you want to get rid of look into a recomp. but I think trying to lose more at a healthy weight already because you think you feel better at one number than a range is silly.try eating your calories for a week or so and see where your weight is.I bet its around where you want it to be. but 1200 is definitely too low and can be the cause of your binging
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    If you are concerned about over-eating when you're not hungry, good for you! IMO we shouldn't be talking about whether or not you need to lose a few pounds. You're smart enough to know that you're overeating because of something other than hunger. I don't know your age, but this kind of problem can have a disastrous affect as you get older. Trust me, I know. I've been a binger all my life and kept thinking that one day I'd get my act together but it didn't happen until I suffered some life-changing medical consequences. Don't let that happen to you! Take the binging seriously now, even if it seems mild or infrequent.