Hello

Hey there. I recently stopped smoking and have decided to get fitter. I've started excercising everyday and running every second day! I've done this for nearly two weeks. It's hard work and I defiantly FEEL better but haven't been SEEING the results yet. I'm also 2 stone overweight. So hey! Hoping to use this to gain some tips on healthy eating, must do's and donts. I work a desk job, so before I quit smoking and started working out I hardly done any excercise :# hoping to share my journey to a fitter me and looking forward to reading about everyone else's :):)

Replies

• TomKershawUK
    TomKershawUK Posts: 65 Member
    Hi,

I could still do with loosing a few lbs but have said goodbye to nearly 7 stone so far, which feels good. Trying concentrate now on getting fitter and not letting the diet (low-carb) slip up too much.

Tom
  • stevet621
    stevet621 Posts: 63 Member
    edited May 2017
    Hey there. I recently stopped smoking and have decided to get fitter. I've started excercising everyday and running every second day! I've done this for nearly two weeks. It's hard work and I defiantly FEEL better but haven't been SEEING the results yet. I'm also 2 stone overweight. So hey! Hoping to use this to gain some tips on healthy eating, must do's and donts. I work a desk job, so before I quit smoking and started working out I hardly done any excercise :# hoping to share my journey to a fitter me and looking forward to reading about everyone else's :):)

Congrats on starting. That is often the hardest part. Don't pay too much attention to early results. Just trust the process and commit yourself 100% If you trust the process and stay dedicated, the results will come! Best thing you can do is take progress pictures right now and reflect on them 6 months to a year from now. The scale may not be the best judgement of your success. But reflecting back and actually seeing the difference, that feeling is irreplaceable. Feel free to add me for any insight, or motivation. Good luck to you and welcome!!!

Side note: I had to google what a "stone" was. You learn something new everyday. :-)
  • caitstewart1401
    caitstewart1401 Posts: 8 Member
    stevet621 wrote: »

Congrats on starting. That is often the hardest part. Don't pay too much attention to early results. Just trust the process and commit yourself 100% If you trust the process and stay dedicated, the results will come! Best thing you can do is take progress pictures right now and reflect on them 6 months to a year from now. The scale may not be the best judgement of your success. But reflecting back and actually seeing the difference, that feeling is irreplaceable. Feel free to add me for any insight, or motivation. Good luck to you and welcome!!!

Side note: I had to google what a "stone" was. You learn something new everyday. :-)

Thanks! I have taken some pics so I can look back on them.
    Glad you've learned something! :-)