5"3 what do you think is healthy weight

2»

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    And what are you 5"3/5"4 ladies weight goal?

I'm 5'4" my goal is 127 but I look healthy anywhere from 120-155. I have a pretty thick frame (big hips and I carry weight in my thighs more than my abdomen usually)
  • jelly_potato
    jelly_potato Posts: 77 Member
    edited May 2017
    5'3 and currently about 116 pounds (age 23). My goal is to stay between 110-116 as my body is quite sensitive to weight gain. At 135-140 I had already begun developing problems with my feet and knees from carrying excess weight, my resting blood pressure increased, I would get heart palpitations, random infections, and just overall inability to properly move around. My friend on the other hand (same height) can rock 135-140, looking thinner than me and maintaining excellent health. Find at what weight you feel best, every person is different.
  • misstrangiee
    misstrangiee Posts: 11 Member
    I'm 5'4 and 158 lbs. SW 196.5 my goal weight is 140-145. I hold a lot of weight in my thighs so I'm working on really slimming those down.
  • fattybiscuits
    fattybiscuits Posts: 7 Member
    I like to be around 135-125. Much less than that I start to look like a kid.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    105-110 lbs for me.
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Hi, I'm 5'2.5" with a medium frame and maintaining at 129-130ish for the last 2+ years. I'd like to get a bit lower but I'm happy where I am also. I'm turning 68 years old in a few months and right now staying active and healthy is my main goal. I started at 179 and dropped close to 50 pounds over a 15 month period. I did lose a bit of additional weight after I hit the top end of a healthy BMI to bring it down further. I seem to be right in the middle of a healthy range. Make your goal what you feel comfortable with based on you build/BMI, etc.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    I'm 5'2.5" and maintaining around 125. Every once in a while I get the urge to get down to 120 but I just never can stick with it. I'm good with 125 though.
  • CiaIgle
    CiaIgle Posts: 72 Member
    My recomendation, use a standard as a goal, then ask around.

My case, 171 cm tall, I use the rule and aimed for 71 Kgs. Original weight 99 Kgs.

Starting at 75 I started to receive messages that I was more or less in the right shape. I kept going down to 73, and more and more people suggested I should stop. "More people" included my wife, all trainers and support team in my gym adn two nutitionists.

So I never reached the 71, but I am very happy not to.

In your case, suggest to aim at 133, and ask around when you reach 139.
  • leahisnotmyname
    leahisnotmyname Posts: 20 Member
    I'm 5'4 and I am content with weighing 105.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    I'm 5'4 and feel best when I'm between 112-115. Lots of things factor into what weight range will be ideal for each of us though.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    5'3 and currently aiming for 130. Really, when I've got about 15 pounds to go, I'll see my doctor and get some advice, just to make sure it's a good place to stop.
  • Girl_with_muscles
    Girl_with_muscles Posts: 64 Member
    5'2 and I look my best at 130 lbs.
  • Charabz69
    Charabz69 Posts: 52 Member
    I'm 5ft 2.3/4" Not quite 5ft 3 lol, I am currently 127lbs (which I feel is too heavy) and want to get back to 114lbs.
  • rachelagoodill
    rachelagoodill Posts: 13 Member
    I'm 22 years old and 5 foot 3, I'm currently 130 lbs but I'm aiming to be between 120 and 125
  • sgallagherxo
    sgallagherxo Posts: 89 Member
    I look my best at about 147-160. Got quite a voluptuous frame though
  • laurenj915
    laurenj915 Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2017
    5'4 and i have been bouncing between 105 and 108. I FINALLY, for the first time in my 40 years, don't really care what the number is. I just want to get my body as firm as possible after birthing three sweet little babies. I am not sure if lifting and HIIT will make my weight go up, down or stay the same. If the jiggle and muffin top is gone I will be happy
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    RubyLou25 wrote: »
    5'3.5 I'd like to be at 128, but I'm very curvy all my weight sits at my hips and thighs. I'll see where I'm at whe I'm 140 and reassess every 5 pounds.

This is me too. I got to 128 for the sole purpose of gaining weight back, with muscle. When I was 128 I thought I was still fat, but looking back at photos I was NOT. I had lost my butt and shape, and XS shirts were hanging off of me. My chest got so tiny and bony I remember bawling at the bra store because no bra would fit.

I'm kind of worried about this too. I've never been below 145 so I don't know how I'll look. I'm 165 right now and lost so much weight on my shoulders chest and face compared to the rest of my body. At 25 pounds overweight I have bony shoulders already.
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    I'm 5'3 and currently weigh 147. This is a very comfortable/sometimes loose size 6 for me, sometimes a 4 if I'm wearing dresses or dress pants. I would LOVE to get down to 125, which is a comfortable size 2 for me. Unfortunately, my bone structure is larger so I carry my weight differently. I wish I was lighter, but generally, I feel like I look ok--though I think muscle tone would stand out more if I were 10 pounds less. :)
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    fitmek wrote: »
    I'm 5'3 and currently weigh 147. This is a very comfortable/sometimes loose size 6 for me, sometimes a 4 if I'm wearing dresses or dress pants. I would LOVE to get down to 125, which is a comfortable size 2 for me. Unfortunately, my bone structure is larger so I carry my weight differently. I wish I was lighter, but generally, I feel like I look ok--though I think muscle tone would stand out more if I were 10 pounds less. :)

We're like body twins! I'm between a 2 and a 4 at 145 (5'3"). I'm trying to get to 125 also. I lift weights so I'm okay with my muscle size, just want more fat loss.
  • stacief82
    stacief82 Posts: 109 Member

We're like body twins! I'm between a 2 and a 4 at 145 (5'3"). I'm trying to get to 125 also. I lift weights so I'm okay with my muscle size, just want more fat loss.

It is crazy how differently people carry weight! I am 5'3" and while I haven't bought new pants in awhile I am guessing I am a comfortable 6 at my current weight of 130lbs. My goal weight is 125 and I was hoping to be a size 4 at that weight, but I don't think it will happen (nothing particular about that size, I just was hoping to look a little thinner than where I will be at).
  • phillips13214
    phillips13214 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm 5"1' and weigh in at 239lb. Have only started 3 weeks ago so new to all this. Realistically at 52 yo I'm just hoping to lose as much as I can. I'd be happy to get down to 168lb and still be a little overweight. Ideally I'd like to get to 140lb but age can be a killer although logging everything is helping - 3lb down in 3 weeks is not to be sniffed at. Slow and easy is better than fast and pile it back on.
  • Kimberly_Pena
    Kimberly_Pena Posts: 62 Member
    I'm 5'4 weighing 164 goal weight is about 120-125 I have about 40-45 pounds to lose! which are wanting to stick!! :( any tips guys?!?!
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,507 Member
    stacief82 wrote: »

It is crazy how differently people carry weight! I am 5'3" and while I haven't bought new pants in awhile I am guessing I am a comfortable 6 at my current weight of 130lbs. My goal weight is 125 and I was hoping to be a size 4 at that weight, but I don't think it will happen (nothing particular about that size, I just was hoping to look a little thinner than where I will be at).

Wow! Very crazy! At 149 pounds I was wearing a US 10-12!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    5'3.5 I'd like to be at 128, but I'm very curvy all my weight sits at my hips and thighs. I'll see where I'm at whe I'm 140 and reassess every 5 pounds.

This is me too. I got to 128 for the sole purpose of gaining weight back, with muscle. When I was 128 I thought I was still fat, but looking back at photos I was NOT. I had lost my butt and shape, and XS shirts were hanging off of me. My chest got so tiny and bony I remember bawling at the bra store because no bra would fit.

I'm kind of worried about this too. I've never been below 145 so I don't know how I'll look. I'm 165 right now and lost so much weight on my shoulders chest and face compared to the rest of my body. At 25 pounds overweight I have bony shoulders already.

Keep going. You'll know. My underbust measurement was getting to a 30 and starting to sink In