RE-STARTING

Options
I met with the dietitian yesterday (Tuesday) and am starting AGAIN. Went shopping this morning and bought some protein foods. I want to remember that it will take my brain a few days or weeks to get with the program. In the meantime the brain will be asking for extra food and lots of ice cream.

I admire those of you who log in day after day! It's an inspiration to me because the longest consecutive time I've logged in has been 13 days. I want to do better.

My short term goal is 5 lbs. in 30 days and to log in DAILY for 30 days. By June 10th I hope to weight 225 lbs. Wish me luck and send some ideas/hints for continuing to track and staying on plan.

Replies

• Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I am currently on my longest streak at 52 days. I pre-log my food lots of times.
  • JaniePoolePeery
    JaniePoolePeery Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    52 days! AWESOME! I have been writing my food in a journal and then adding to MFP at the end of the day. This may help. YOU keep up the good work.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Friend me if you need to.
  • BWA468
    BWA468 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I recommend you log your food the day before then you'll have a good idea of your intake that day and how many calories you have to play with and it may help fight temptation plus a day is already logged in advance :)
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Welcome back! I have a hard time with sticking to it and logging in and entering my food. I've been at it so far for five days now. I know it's the only way I will make progress but I keep getting off track it seems.

I'm in a group right now called Loose 5 lbs + in May. I hope to lose 5 lbs by the end of the month. I'm hoping this group will help keep me accountable. Feel Free to friend me.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10550279/loose-5lbs-may-2017
  • Aldomas
    Aldomas Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Janie.

If you think this might help, give it a try.

Think of logging your food like it's one of those game apps that people play on their phones! If someone asks you what you're doing, tell them, "I'm playing my game! I just have to log one more meal to get to the next level!"

And then reward yourself in real life when you do "get to the next level", i.e. when you reach what you consider to be a reasonable logging goal.

Good luck!
  • issypops
    issypops Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, sounds like you've set yourself some very realistic goals, I'm back for another attempt and finding it a little easier this time as I'm focusing on the health benefits and treating the weight loss as an added bonus. Work on progress and not perfection and you won't go to wrong. If you're looking for supportive friends happy to receive requests
  • JaniePoolePeery
    JaniePoolePeery Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the good words and advice! It all helps. I think I'm on DAY 5 of tracking so GOOD FOR ME! I see the dietitian in another week. Hoping for at least 1 lb. lost. Those of you who have been tracking for a long time are my mentors! Everyone keep up the good work!