199.8!

Options
issiahs
issiahs Posts: 55 Member
I started losing weight around the middle of January because I was just feeling fed up with not being able to take full advantage of my body. I wanted to be able to keep up with friends when we go out of town and be able to skateboard around my city without feeling so self conscious and so tired. My starting weight was 240. I cut out just soda at first and that alone made me lose about ten pounds, then I cut down on snacks so another ten pounds went away. Then I discovered MFP and that's been a boon to my weight loss. A technique that worked for me was just not eating snacks or drinking calories. I only consumed calories during a meal. It keeps things under control for me and I'm the type of person who used to drink two cups of soda with a bag of chips. Once I cut out that, I began to just see the constant change. I still have about 40 more pounds to go, but I'm finally under 200! I haven't seen that since highschool. I'm more confident than ever and I'm actually a bit healthier than the friends I was previously jealous of. This all happened in four months! I've learned how time continues to go, so you might as well just be a better version of you with each passing day. It's crazy how much you learn from just being on a diet. I'm more disciplined and just happier in general. I urge everyone to keep it up even on the rough days. If you fall off the wagon one day, which I definitely have, just shrug it off and continue your deficit the next day. I can't wait to see what the next four months has in store and I can't thank this website enough for being a great tool for weight loss.

Replies

• quinnwinn
    quinnwinn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!

Our stories are so much alike, I haven't been under 200 since high school too and I'm 4 lbs away. Way to go!
  • Lindsey_Ross
    Lindsey_Ross Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Loved this post and found it very inspiring. :) I've been hovering around 208 foreeeever.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,374 Member
    Options
    that's great!! much more success to you!!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. You have a great attitude!
  • bnovak226
    bnovak226 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Onederland! Wonderful!!! Congrats.
  • dannmorris
    dannmorris Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and the inspiring words!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on Onderland! That's amazing progress. Thanks for inspiring- I hope to join all you hard workers there soon!
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    High five!! I've been hovering just above 200 for several years, and got up to 217 before getting back on here in mid-Feb. I was 200 on Friday morning and 197.8 today (unexpected whoosh!). It's awesome! You've done an amazing job!
  • cameronheel
    cameronheel Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Great job. I'm 50 and I dropped under 200 in April for the first time since 2009. I appreciate how hard you must have worked to to this. I have been as high as 230. Presently at 188 with a goal to get to 165. Keep up the good work and be thankful you made the choice while you were younger. There are so many more things you can do with a healthy body. Good luck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!