I disconnect my FitBit and then it reconnects!

Options
Is anyone else experiencing this? I go through the process of disconnecting my Fitbit and the step count disappears from my diary but the next time I go to log anything, the Fitbit has reconnected. This has happened 6-7 times. I'm trying to remove it to avoid double counting since I use a HR monitor for calorie counts. I have a FB Alta, FYI.

Replies

• Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Yeah my charge 2 does this too
  • febacon22
    febacon22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post because I'm using SHealth for my dedicated exercise walks (2-4 miles using Samsung Health app) and yesterday showed a 600+ calorie burn in MFP. I had my Fitbit connected and suspected a double count (Fitbit and SHealth for the same walk). I've now disconnected the Fitbit but I only did that this morning so I'll keep an eye on it and post back with my findings.
  • teachmama79
    teachmama79 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I could not disconnect from my phone app. The only way it worked for me was to sign in and disconnect it from a computer. Hope this helps!
  • Breeticus87
    Breeticus87 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have had trouble with double counting and I am not connected with any of the devices... I will put in a walk, or swim or anything and when I post it posts twice and gives me double calories burned, it could just be a website glitch... I love the MFP team who makes this site possible, but you have to admit sometimes they can have a lot of issues with stuff like this
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Turn off Bluetooth on all mobile devices near your computer.

Log out of MFP and Fitbit on your mobile devices.

On a computer, sign in to MFP web version, then disconnect Fitbit.

On a computer, sign in to Fitbit web version and verify MFP has been disconnected.

Sign in to MFP on mobile device and verify Fitbit is still disconnected.

Turn on Bluetooth on mobile device and verify that Fitbit is still disconnected.