Gluten Free & Soy Free Protein Shake Help!

Options
Hi guys! I have having such a hard time finding a certified gluten and soy free protein shake that doesn't taste like crap. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• Xymheia
    Xymheia Posts: 65 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Perhaps, is it possible to buy a non flavoured variety and add flavour to it yourself? This way you get to decide what goes into your shakes and they don't taste of artificial flavouring and sugar. Also, you can put a scoop of it into a homemade yogurt-fruit shake or smoothie and it's barely there. Protein powder will probably always taste bad, even the more generic varieties, but at least it's palatable that way...
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    One thing I have learned by working in the advertising industry and representing numerous CPG clients is that roughly 90% or so of the "certified organic", "gluten free" "free range" etc. nonsense is driven entirely by image and marketing. And people fall for it hook, line and sinker. I did not have much confidence in the general aptitude of the American public previously anyway, but it was eye opening nonetheless.

In light of this, I would suggest that unless you have some kind of food allergy which prevents it, expand your scope to other producers of protein shakes.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    MusclePharm Combat. They have a whey and a casein protein shake. I usually buy the vanilla, but the chocolate is good. They also have good whey protein bars.
    I have celiac, soybean and coconut allergies which limits my choices and MusclePharm is the best quality and taste that I have found.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Melissa! I will look for this, too.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I believe sunwarrior is both gluten and soy free.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    MusclePharm Combat. They have a whey and a casein protein shake. I usually buy the vanilla, but the chocolate is good. They also have good whey protein bars.
    I have celiac, soybean and coconut allergies which limits my choices and MusclePharm is the best quality and taste that I have found.

Thank you! I tried it awhile ago and it has soy lecithin in the few flavors I had looked at. I'll have to check out the other flavors.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    How about a make-your-own? You can get whey protein isolate. There's Stevia drops in various flavours, there's milk, there's spinach, there's bananas. All gluten and soy free.
  • unicornumame
    unicornumame Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I second Sun Warrior. Also Vega. Sun Warrior is a little chalkier, I usually blend it with stuff. Vega is great just in water though.
  • SciWhiz
    SciWhiz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I use Vega almost every day :smile:
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I like the Sun Warrior products as well - just get some of their powder and make a shake yourself
  • Dory0619
    Dory0619 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I have having such a hard time finding a certified gluten and soy free protein shake that doesn't taste like crap. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

What have you tried?