Struggling!

Options
I've been on this since December and have managed to lose 3 stone (42lb)
but the last week has really been a struggle, I'm unsure why I have hit this point.
This is my first blog.
Any suggestions?
Cheers

Replies

• dumb_blonde
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm brand new to this site (just joined today), so as far as advice goes I think I'll leave it to the experts... but I just wanted to congratulate you on your amazing loss. 3 stone?! That's really fantastic, and must have taken a lot of determination. I understand you're not where you want to be just yet...but feel proud for what you've already achieved!
    I wish you the very best of luck in reaching your goals xox
  • lugovelb
    lugovelb Posts: 60
    Options
    I am no exper but why you thing you are struguling? Sometime by identify what is that is holding make it easier to overcome it. I been here only for about a week but you are also welcome to add me for support
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    maybe there's something in your personal life bothering you enough to get in the way but you haven't noticed yet... I've been noticing my bothers
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not sure what your struggle is, but my guess is likely it's an emotional block, something that needs deeper change then what you eat. I've got issues with emotional eating, and I know I'll never get anywhere with my loss unless I address the reasons why I fall off the wagon so regularly.

On a more positive note, I find that a few days "off" my good eating plan usually doesn't do too much damage and I actually end up with some excellerated loss for the next few days.

Good luck getting back on track, you can do it!

Katie
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    Don't give up. Keep eating right and exercising. It will happen for you!!! You should be very proud of what you have already accomplished!
  • Strudlehoffer
    Options
    Blimey!
    I wasn't expecting responses so quickly thank you all and keep up the good work.
    I'm going camping for the next 2 days and hope I can get my head back in the game and get progressing on my next goal.
    Thanks again for the support.
    I'll try and keep you posted
    Jake
  • phoenix113
    phoenix113 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    As someone who has lost and regained weight several times I look back at where things went wrong for me. Usually I was in a situation where I had really been struggling and I just gave up. I would go into a downward spiral; I would make one bad choice so why not make bad choices for the rest of the day. The following day I would tell myself the week was already shot and just continue to make bad choices. I would continue to tell myself "I'll get back on track next Monday", but it would just never happen. You have been doing this longer and been very successful. But, when I struggle I try to take myself back to the moment when I new things had to change. I really try to remember the feelings I was having and how crappy I felt. As silly as it sounds I have a little mantra I repeat over and over again. Whatever works for you. Just remember that it is okay to screw up, but screwing up is not a reason to give up. I feel as if I have just spit out a bunch a platitudes, and I'm sorry for that, You have done an amazing job so far! Keep asking for help, there is a lot of great support on the boards and I'm sure someone can tell you something that will help.