Working out 2x a day?

Options
Working out twice a day for 25-30 minutes each, is it ok? What do you think?

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Depends what you're doing, but in most cases I'm inclined to say it's fine.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    If you can fit it in why not
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Depends on what your training or exercise is and your goals relative to them.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I think it also depends a little on your fitness level. Just starting out? You may want to ease into it. Doing too much too fast is a recipe for an injury.

If you are not a beginner, then it depends on what you are trying to accomplish like @chieflrg said.
  • JonDrees
    JonDrees Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Two 30 minute workouts should be superior to one 60 minute workout, but for most people the difference would be minimal, which probably doesn't make it worth the hassle.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I do this sometimes when I'm short on time. Short workout before work and then another 30mins during lunch. Showering twice within few hours is a pain in the *kitten* though.
  • jloverosegold
    jloverosegold Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For the past 4 months I've been working out 60 minutes in the morning but since there's been changes with my work schedule I can only do half an hour of exercise in the morning. I can't go on a day without working out in the morning but it feels not enough so I'm thinking of having another 30 minutes after work.l
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I generally workout twice per day a few times a week. On those days, I do an upper body strength training workout in the morning for an hour and then at lunch either legs strength training or cardio for 30-40 minutes. It requires some organization, as I workout on the way to work, shower, go to work, workout at lunch, and then shower again, so I have to have everything packed correctly (multiple towels, socks, underwear, and flip-flops, shoes, padlock, etc.)!
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I do cardio during my lunch hour and then either go before work or after work to get weight training and a little cardio in. As long as you're feeding your muscles and allowing them proper recovery, you'll be fine.
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's an hour a day. Seems good to me
  • moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I do multiple workouts several times a week. I'll go half an hour to an hour on my NordicTrack early in the morning, and then I'll run 5 miles after work. Also I do bodyweight exercises, squats, pushups, etc.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Working out twice a day for 25-30 minutes each, is it ok? What do you think?

Fine. I've done a tai chi class (60 minutes) followed by squash (30 minutes) and then strength work (45 minutes) then in the evening played tennis (90 minutes), so 4 sessions. I nicknamed those days when I did it every week "Terrible Tuesdays". Only to rival Suicidal Saturdays - 2-3 hours of tennis in the afternoon and 1 hour of strength work in the evening.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    4 years ago, when I started this fitness and weight loss journey, I was told it would lead to burn out. But here I am, still at it. I like breaking it up and doing two different workouts.