Fresh start - looking for mfp friends

Options
SkiGeek
SkiGeek Posts: 7 Member
edited May 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I decided to create a brand new account and delete my old one. Too many things changed for me I needed a fresh start.

I am 35 years old, mother of a 5 and a half year old boy. I technically should lose about 50-60 pounds. For me personally, I don't take the BMI too seriously (my doctor and the nutritionist I saw either) since I do have a strong muscle base (Under all that fat -_-;)

Unlike most people, I am very active during winter (I ski around 3-5 times a week) but not as active as I should be for the rest.

My main goal is to be healthier for obvious general reason (my son, just feel better) but also to be in better shape for next ski season. I already improved a lot every winter. I do feel the changes, which is a good motivation.

My plan for this spring/summer is to walk more and rollerblade. I am also planning to hike once every two weeks at least with my son.

Having struggled with a very unhealthy Relationship with food that led me a couple of time in the ER, it's going to be a challenge for me to find the right balance.

So hopefully I’ll find like-minded people here :) Feel free to add me, I would really appreciate the support and be glad to offer it in return!

Replies

• roband
    roband Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm Robin! Feel free to add me! I'm wanting to be healthy (pre-diabetic) and just feel good in my clothes again! I'm 56 this Friday, about 50 lbs. Overweight,and ready for this change! Lets do this!!!