worse things about losing alot of weight

Options
angela2520682
angela2520682 Posts: 13 Member
I am currently 7 pounds away from losing 50 pounds in 5 months,( 50 more to go) and I feel great,but I've realized that no body ever told me about the iffy parts about losing weight, only the good parts. I mean like nobody talks about the sagging skin. don't get me wrong, the good definitely outweighs the bad. I just wish someone would have given me a heads up about some things. As a pre diabetic, I have a lot of dark spots on my body and I feel like my weight loss brings more attention to them.
this is more of a question to people who are also losing or lost a lot of weight: what is something negative you have experienced connected to weight loss?(don't take offense to this question)

Replies

• moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I get people telling me I need to stop losing weight. A lot of questions about what I eat, why I stopped drinking beer and eating wheat. Nobody has said I look sick or anything, but a few people have told me I look too thin, even though my BMI says I'm still overweight. I've started explain that they've only known me weighing over 180 pounds, and up to almost 230 pounds, so now that I'm at 169 pounds they think I'm skinning. Which in comparison to 230 I guess I am.
  • caitky1013
    caitky1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    About 10 years ago I lost 85lbs (I have since gained it all back plus). I felt amazing!! I was wearing tank tops in the summer, hell I even put on shorts (they went down to my knees, but that was a huge milestone for me). The negative was that I was told I need to gain weight. That I was more attractive/prettier when I was heavier. Mind you I was 220lbs AFTER the weight loss. I agree, moonstroller, these are people that have only known me as being very big....at that time though it hurt and it really stuck with me. This time around, as long I'm happy with how I look I am not going to let anyone else's opinion matter.
  • purebredpolly
    purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    The negative? Only that everyone acts like my way of eating really puts a monkey wrench in their lives. Such as family gatherings, or dinners out. The"oh, we can't eat there because of you" and the acting like I am such a huge pain in the rear end because I can't eat the standard holiday/picnic fare, and I must bring my own food.
  • mynewme210
    mynewme210 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    "You can diet tomorrow" or "one soda wont kill you.""I wasted food cooking" I do toning exercises plus my cardio to lose weight. Stopped eating family meals because they make unhealthy meals that I can't eat. Guess I need to stay positive and ingore them they only know me as the chubby one (180lbs) and can't lose the weight. im down to 152lbs my first goal is 123 then down to 105 then maintaining my weight Im young and want to live a long healthy life
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm cold. All the freaking time. Everything else I can deal with but it's Mid may and I feel like putting on winter socks.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The #1 worst thing about losing a lot of weight, for me, is that it has reduced to nearly eliminated not only my libido but my ability to perform. Maybe that will change when I get to maintenance. Maybe it won't.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    When I start to get thinner I notice the saggy skin too. Last year I lost 25 lbs pretty quick, within four months, and my bottom seemed saggy. When I lost weight eight years ago and got to goal it did the same, flat saggy butt. That's always the area that's the worse for me. I still felt better than I did with the weight on me though. The good outweighs the bad for sure!
  • kdavid1987
    kdavid1987 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    The #1 worst thing about losing a lot of weight, for me, is that it has reduced to nearly eliminated not only my libido but my ability to perform. Maybe that will change when I get to maintenance. Maybe it won't.

Wow I have never heard of that. I am sure there are things you can try to increase your desire tho. I almost wonder if there is some social/psychological stuff going on with that. Losing a large amount of weight can really change our relationships to others and ourselves. Sometimes even change for the good is hard to deal with. Take care!
  • glitterr0cks
    glitterr0cks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hiii...totally feel you as I was 183 at my highest (doesn't seem much, compared to others stories, but Im 5'2 so 5 pounds gained carries like 15 on my body shape n height. After each of my pregnancies I jump to this weight or around there and have always made it my goal to reach between 128-145...so YASSS lots of skin stretching...my stomach area has this loose pooch of skin that just does not tone up...i can do planks and crunches and I will notice definition around the pooch or undernieth my breast where my ribs or six pack line should start, but loose ol stomach...I have learned how to suck it in so my stomach DOES look flat, but does nothing for my self image during sex or pool time. My arms as well have developed this wing of saggy skin that likes to keep jiggling if I point or reach up high...have not been able to tone that up...Aside from that everything else is great...just struggle to find motivation some days...