Back on board and need some friends...

Options
Hi all,

So I've fallen off the wagon. Big time. I've used MFP for the last few years and I lost around 4 stone but in a new relationship, new job, and new stresses with a lack of proper routine like I had the first time with MFP, I've gained about 3 of it back. I've deleted and downloaded MFP a million times because I feel so guilty every time I binge.

It's crushed me and I really need to find the strength to get back on the bandwagon. I think with you guys helping me along the way, I can find the will power to move things forward. I'd also appreciate advice from people who have lost, gained, lost and then kept it off!

All the help will be incredibly appreciated!

Lots of MFPLove,

Katie xxx

Replies

• CBuniverse
    CBuniverse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    good luck Katie you are certainly not on your own and your story echoes mine, please add me we can encourage each other x
  • kerrykeys364
    kerrykeys364 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, Katie, I am in a similar situation. My Grandfather, who is my dad, and my best friend and all thing in one got sick, and by January things got bad. I gave up working out first, then slowly gave up other elements of my life. He passed away peacefully. It was his month's mind yesterday, I am back at work and college but I can't seem to go to the gym yet. I have put on at least a stone in the last while between everything. So much like yourself, I downloaded MFP again. I need to lose about 40lbs and I am a fan of slow and steady and getting the pounds off so they stay off.

I have high hopes of going back to training once I get my head around the rest of my life. So please feel free to add me, you can do it!

Best of luck,

Kerry xx
  • Emily_Carys
    Emily_Carys Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Katie.

Welcome back your story sounds like the mirror of mine I lost just over 50lbs on here but with job changes, moving and a bout of depression I fell off the band wagon. I joined weight watchers and slimming world in a vain attempt to get the motivation to change but it didn't seem to work so I resorted to what I knew had worked in the past but I was so ashamed of my fall from fitness that I even went so far as to create a new account so my old friends on here wouldn't know how far I fell.

I am on week 3 of my new journey and it is coming off though not as fast as I would like, feel free to add me if you want an accountability buddy.

Emily
  • Makingachangeforlife
    Makingachangeforlife Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Would love to join both of you...I too lost 50lbs, but put 20lbs back on from a new job and new relationship. Stress and lack of sleep are huge eating triggers and need support to work through. Please add feel free to add me
    !
  • RCBirkbeck
    RCBirkbeck Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Rejoined My Fitness Pal, but started the Keto diet which is impossible without MFP. Relationships and work can really dominate your health and fitness, it has for me also, sending encouragement, that it is possible. I'd like to lose the 30 lbs I gained after getting married, and moving across the country away from my family. The keto diet is challenging but the results are striking. Whatever journey you're on, stay strong for yourself. Life is short, enjoy the ride and stay true to yourself.
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I too am in a similar situation. I have never really gotten back on the wagon in a long time. I have been up and down but I am currently at my highest. I now have 65lbs to loose. I know it will be a long journey. But I just need to get back on track and stay with it this time. So if you want feel free to add me and we can help each other!
  • MaeChloMarie
    MaeChloMarie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm back at it, as of today too - please feel free to friend me. I lost 70 lbs several years ago and I've gained back 50 lbs. A new relationship was definitely a factor.

• Aisha_E
    Aisha_E Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The most difficult part is getting started! Congratulations, you have started the journey. Best wished on achieving your goal.
  • CanadaLiz
    CanadaLiz Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would love to join all of you as well. Im finally back to MFP about a week or so ago and am meeting with a new trainer and about to start a keto lifestyle Thursday (i meet with her Wednesday to set up my meal plan which is why im not starting keto before that)

39 yo f, mom of 2, wife, business owner, equestrian, and generally too busy to take care of myself.
  • ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off for years and mostly with part of my weight coming back to me. Stress is a huge factor, which can be caused by different things.
    Been back for a week, offcourse i am hoping this time i will keep going and once i am back at my goal weight can keep it off.
    But one step at a time!
  • HazyEyes93
    HazyEyes93 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am in the same spot. Went from 198 to 120. After a ton of things changing in my life caused a huge relapse into my binge eating, I went back up to 170 in less than a year. I'm down to 167 as of this morning. Joined a gym and made a meal plan and here I am. Here's to a better, healthier tomorrow, but it has to start today. :)
  • ireallylikemuffins
    ireallylikemuffins Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me!
    I'm in the same boat. I lost 40lbs (like, 3stone?) and then gained it all back after losing my job, car accident, and having to move back into my parent's house (which is always full of tempting junk food even though my dad is type 2 diabetic! ugh). But I'm starting anew in 2017, so feel free to join me and motivate me. I'm really bad at remembering to log my dinner. :D
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third time here losing. I'm now about 8 pounds from my goal weight and have been maintaining for two months. I want to lose the final 8, but realize that maintaining has been so hard for me, I might as well get a feel for it as I go on this journey.

What it means for me is counting calories 6 days and skipping one, because I like to just eat- whatever. Or maybe just not log a half day. I go up and down in a 2-3# range. Once I'm satisfied that I've mastered this, I'll lose the final 8. But I have a "I've reached my goal and can now go back to eating like before" attitude that I need to handle before I reach my goal.
  • PartyKardy
    PartyKardy Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I had the same experience. I went from 225lbs to 155lbs and then sprung back up to 180lbs and am now sitting at 149lbs. Have whiplash yet??? Haha

My best advice is to make sure what you're doing, how much your eating everything is sustainable. Before I was eating like 1000 cals or under and runnng at least 3-5 miles EVERYDAY.

Now I am eating around 1800 (and sitting at the lowest weight of my life effortlessly) and working out at a more sustainable rate doing little cardio :D haha

Feel free to add me anyone I want more awesome friends :)
  • CasIsAHorse
    CasIsAHorse Posts: 9 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Count me in to, if you'll have me of course! I was doing so well back in 2014/15 while I had no job and was living with my Grandma, so easy to just focus on measuring every item of food, hockey, running and walking the dogs every day. I'm quite an obsessional person and I go through phases, and getting fit and sorting my self out was mine back then. I've had so many phases, but that was the one I liked the most, nail blogging was too smelly and I'm not ambidextrous enough

Ok so it deleted most of the rest of my post which is kinda annoying!

Basically I went on to give a little background about how I loads loads of weight in 2014/15, then got a job and fell off the bandwagon completely. I finished off my saying I'm stubborn enough that I think this is it, I'll restart for proper now but would love some awesome new friends to keep me company and keep me accountable. In return you'll have my unwavering support and my 'great' sense of humour!
  • TCkidd
    TCkidd Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 8 stone and play about with 6lbs on holidays times and the likes of christmas and celebrations so i never really had to struggle to loose alot of weight again, i still snack but i workout everyday so i can have those snacks, i find if i eat little and often it helps to maintain weight and get moving even if its a short walk, do somthing for at least 20 mins a day.
  • kllaurence1993
    kllaurence1993 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all this support guys! Adding you all if that's okay :)
  • kllaurence1993
    kllaurence1993 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all this support guys! Adding you all if that's okay :)
  • Lifeisrightnow
    Lifeisrightnow Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oh I think I found my thread. This is also my story. Overweight all my life. 230 max weight. Started MFP January 2016 at 225, in November 2016 was at 172 (pretty much my lowest adult weight). Since then I've been good, bad, awful, good again and awful again. I gained I don't know... 15 ? I didn't weight myself yet but I had to go back one size up to the pants I had all put away. HUmmmm. Now I am on Day 3 of my comeback, my restart, my continuation. :) Please feel free to add me all of you for mutal support and accountability !

;) K