Anyone tried this before?

Options
Hey all,
Wanted to see if anyone has done this and what the outcome was. I started on May 10th to drop some weight. I originally had my cal goal set at 1200, but quickly realized that was too low for me. I found a nice goal of 1375 was more doable.

Anyways, I tend to zig-zag without knowing it, and have averaged a 5 pound weight loss to date. My workouts are always challenging and different, but just this last weekend I feel like I have hit a wall.

I'm not motivated to work out, and I'm really hungry. Like....ravenous. And its not that time of the month. I was thinking about bumping up my daily goal to 1500 to see if that shakes things up in a positive way, and hopefully can then continue my weight loss goal in a week or two with positive results.

I may never reach my goal weight, and am absolutely fine with that. I have gained a great deal of strength, and know my clothes are fitting differently, so that's all that really matters.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has done this or is doing it currently, and what have your results been?

Oh, and I guess I do plan to drop my daily cal intake back to 1375 in a couple of weeks again.

Thanks!

Replies

• CarolTempleton
    CarolTempleton Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    First of all, I don't think your fat, nor need to lose weight, you look great, just eat healthy and keep what your doing.
  • drmastermind
    drmastermind Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would concur.. the word fat doesn't spring to mind looking at your profile picture. You look ravishing, I'd say stick with what you've been doing, it appears to be working quite well.
  • frenchielover
    Options
    Thanks guys, but that doesn't really help me.

My goal is to drop body fat percentage and then work on building muscle. Everyone's goals are different, so my question really is has anyone done this type of "almost" calorie maintenance for a couple weeks then drop back down to drop lbs. ???

I can't imagine eating less....so I'm hoping my thinking is correct. :wink:
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Not motivated to work out and hungry?!?!?! No way!!! (insert sarcasm) never happened to me! haha ok sure that happens and I am sure that happens to everyone. I think everyone hits a slump. For me it's just getting into a boring routine or having nothing to look forward to.

I was eating too little at 1250 and then moved up to 1490, which has helped me lose more, but I am also eating different foods to keep me fuller and marathon training.

I don't really have an answer, but it sounds like you have a plan and trial and error is the way to go. Everyones body is different.

You look amazing by the way!

Good luck to you lady!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    When you approach 10% loss of original weight you slow down and then often hit a plateau. The more you lose the more your body tries to fight the loss. One way to work with this is once you hit 10% and have definitely hit a plateau is to maintin your new weight for 2 months before trying to lose more. To do this slowly up you calories and slowly lower the exercise making sure to stay at your current weight. If you don't you won't have anything to do to start up the loss later. If you keep your calories low during this time it is hard to lower them later . Then you can lose again without your body fighting you so hard until you hit the next 10%. 2 months of maintaining will convince your body that this is your regular weignt and there's enough to sustain it. It will help you maintain and wont fight you so hard when you decide to lose again. When you do decide to lose again Start lowering you calories first and then slowly up you exercise. This is what you also need to do once you reach your goal weight. Maintain for 2 months so your body will see the new weight as your regular weight and help you maintain it. It sounds close to what you are thinking of. Your zigzaging may have kept your body guessing enough that you may not need to try this.