Working out 2x a day?

Options
Working out twice a day for 25-30 minutes each, is it ok? What do you think?

Replies

• Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I do some days. My goal is a 30 minute workout in the morning before work. I also do karate 2x a week for 45 minutes.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you're doing and what your goals are.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Beth was shocked that I wanted to use the hotel pool after we hiked out of Horseshoe Basin.
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it today. So biased opinion, hell yeah, if you have the time go for it! Theres nothing wrong with it, just know your limits to avoid injury.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    this is the second time you've posted this.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Depends on what you're doing and what your goals are.

Sooo this ^^^^^.

Also, it matters what your level of conditioning to those activities is. If someone is brand new to whatever they're proposing to do for 30 minutes twice a day (or new to similar things), and especially if new to working out in general, I wouldn't suggest starting at 2 x 30 minutes. OTOH, if they're a well-conditioned athlete with respect to the activity, 2 x 30 might not be enough.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I often do split routines of 30-60 mins a day twice a day, involving lifting, cardio and/or body weight exercises. No problem w/that and easy to do at home where I have all the equipment that I need. No need to schlep to the gym which would making doing what I do more difficult and inconvenient to do.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I'm a two-a-day person usually. Gym in the morning, something home based in the evening or skate practice. I average 90 mins a day, some being an hour, some being 2 or 3 depending.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Personal training sessions fall on the same day as pilates - one is high intensity and the other isn't so I don't see any issues there.
  • Jeff_01022014
    Jeff_01022014 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    As long as both aren't super intense or as long as you don't do it everyday at a high intensity, I think it's fine.
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Do what your body tells you is okay. Some can do 2x with a lot of intensity, some can do 2x with light intensity, etc...

I do 2x, twice a week and 1x twice a week. I always do my cardio/boxing routine which is an hour (has some body weight strength thrown in) and then on Tuesdays and Thursdays I also hit a weight room in the late afternoon for about 45 min to an hour. I also throw in a 45 minute walk after boxing.

I didn't start that way. Cardio used to be just 30 minutes and I built up to what I'm doing now. The first time I threw weight training in, I thought I was going to die the next day....got used to it. Just keep eating properly, keep the energy level up, and listen to your body.
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is perfectly fine especially if you are only doing 20-30 minutes per session. If each session was 1-2 hours, you may have to rethink it.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I had the same question. Great answers! :-)
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i ride to work most mornings, and then i work for eight hours and then i ride home.

so gee, i sure hope it's okay.