Anyone doing the Keto diet out there?

Options
I recently rejoined My Fitness Pal, after I started the Keto diet, which is impossible without MFP. I'd like to lose the 30 lbs I gained after getting married, and moving across the country away from my family. The keto diet is challenging but the results are striking. Looking for fellow ketoers, who are on the journey.

Replies

• dingylingo
    dingylingo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! First day of Keto! x
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing Keto as well. Down about 45 pounds right now. Feel free to add me as a friend, but just know I do like to interact with my friends. I usually trim inactive ones every few months. Interaction and support are vital for me to keep going along with my journey.
  • brahan19
    brahan19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Im 70lbs overweight and also type 2,diabetic. I've heard the keto diet is basically very low carbohydrate. Can you please tell me how you are finding it and how many carbs a day you allow yourself to eat. I'd like to give it a try.
  • damdam96
    damdam96 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm not necessarily doing keto but I'm doing low carb e.g. I've cut out all refined carbs - pasta, bread, rice, etc. I'm really active on MFP too, feel free to add me!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    100% Keto here! Actually tried moving up to "low carb" and the results were not good at all. Didn't waste much time before jumping back into Keto, and not changing my mind again! lol
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I have been on Paleo / Keto pretty much 80% of the time since January and I love how the fat has just melted away and I am not ravenous all of the time. I was just commenting to my "MFP peeps" how much better I feel. Other than the issue with constipation, which I am addressing with a myriad of things, it's working for me in terms of satiety, pain management, and, weight / fat loss.
  • lilysillycat
    lilysillycat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just started keto three weeks ago. The result is great. Love it so far.