Keto friendly

Options
I'm new! Friend me. Keto people?

Replies

• somora120
    somora120 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I kicked the carbs recently and am loving keto. Let me know if I can help!
  • kcollinsnc
    kcollinsnc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just started keto here! Trying to get used to MyfitnessPal and making sure I'm doing it right
  • teresajshoemaker
    teresajshoemaker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been keto for about a month and have been using this app the whole time. It really helps me stay under my carb limit, but sometimes won't give me a five week outlook if I don't log enough calories. So far I've lost almost 5kg! Let me know if I can help!
  • stevet621
    stevet621 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Keto is nothing short of torture for me, but it certainly works for plenty of people.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I'm keto-ish too! :)
  • Jennifer_Tippett
    Jennifer_Tippett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on the ketogenic diet for 5 days now and am officially in ketosis! All keto friends please offer advise.
  • coffeegirl1015
    coffeegirl1015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Started Keto and loving it thus far! 11 pounds melted away without really trying. Love the fact that it kills the appetite for sugar and carbs when your ratio's are correct! Would really appreciate any and all feedback on your experiences through trial and error. What have you found works and what hasn't and why? I tried the keto coffee last week. LOVE IT but it stopped the weight loss. Was really weird...did not go over my counts anywhere else. Thoughts?
  • KBaughman1979
    KBaughman1979 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Keto is what's helped me lose almost 40lbs. I've learned my body just isn't very tolerant of the excessive amounts of carbs and sugars in most people's diets. Hoping to look better now then I did in high school.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing Keto as well. Down about 45 pounds right now. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I've been Keto for quite a while. I have struggles and setbacks like everyone else, but have been going strong for almost 2 years. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • damdam96
    damdam96 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm not necessarily doing keto but I'm doing low carb e.g. I've cut out all refined carbs - pasta, bread, rice, etc. I'm really active on MFP too, feel free to add me!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • gt0186b
    gt0186b Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm not keto but doing a modified Paleo. I'm averaging 43 gram of carbs a day so I guess that counts.
  • Romeolea
    Romeolea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to do keto. That initial week I felt like I had no energy but after say that first seven days I felt amazing. That being said, I switched to the low calorie which say for instance with keto I could have around 50g of carbs daily with the new one is goes to around 150g. Mind you I don't use all of it but it allows for that wiggle room should I need it. Good job and keep up the good work
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Been on keto during the last weeks of contest prep, I start carbing up tomorrow! I'll be getting back on it in a week or so though. Added.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

i've been loving it the past few months. now, i need to start exercising to see how that works out.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Started Keto and loving it thus far! 11 pounds melted away without really trying. Love the fact that it kills the appetite for sugar and carbs when your ratio's are correct! Would really appreciate any and all feedback on your experiences through trial and error. What have you found works and what hasn't and why? I tried the keto coffee last week. LOVE IT but it stopped the weight loss. Was really weird...did not go over my counts anywhere else. Thoughts?

@coffeegirl1015 I found the first six months of keto was truly trail and error with crazy changes going on. In my case I was 63 and going down for the third time when Keto tossed me a lifeline that thankfully I finally caught before it was too late. Giving up my life long carb addiction made for hellish first two weeks. At 66 my lab tests and general health is better than at 33.

I have maintained for the past 2 years in the 195-210 range as my health continues to recover and I learn more about my evolving Way Of Eating (WOE). The weird thing in my case is I was always a meat and potato type guy but over the past 3 years without intent my taste has changed leaving my diet mostly plant based. I still eat fish, some pork, cream and eggs. I think 100% of my many supplements are from plant sources.

Best of continued success.