eat/drink this not that

Options
j99li
j99li Posts: 421 Member
Has anyone heard of the "Eat this not that" and "Drink this not that" books?

If so, are they useful?

Replies

• k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    I don't know about the books but there is a blurb on the Men's Health Magazine website (I am a girl). I subscribe and they email me every day with an "Eat This not That" article. It is pretty helpful!
  • Tdavy814
    Tdavy814 Posts: 28
    Options
    I have eat this not that... I dont know, some what help full I will see if I can find my book, and go thru it again... message me and I will message you back with some ideas
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I have the ETNT Grocery Store edition and I love it. I use to keep it in my car to take into the store.
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they would be useful but I love looking through them at Walmart :)
  • daddyssunshyne
    Options
    We have the "cook this, not that" book. Like any recipe book, it has some I will make, some I will never make.

Is it usefull? It really depends upon what it is you are seeking.

It is very specifically targeted. For example, the cookbook takes a specific restauarant meal and makes a cheaper, healthier version of it. So if you love "Applebee's Bakes Potato Soup", for example, it might very well be usefull.

I find it kind of interesting to have the basis of comparison, but it is not something I would say gives it an edge above other cookbooks.

I would say that it is really only super usefull if you are an absolute "dining out" junkie and trying to improve. Otherwise, it really isn't any more usefull than the next comparable book.

Sarah
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    if you eat out frequently they're great!
  • j99li
    j99li Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I dont eat out a lot, but I do have to find my own lunch during school days where I have to go to the plaza or the school caf to find what to eat. Also, my bf and I like to go out. Would this be beneficial?
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    They are really neat books. I've only read one, but it had alot of info in it that I never would have knows otherwise. Just little facts, like that a Twix bar is the worst chocolate bar you could ever eat. Good to know.
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few different kinds, not just fast food aimed. We have about 5....and honestly they all seem pretty similar. So don't go off buying a bunch of different kinds....Just find the 1 that suits you best. Pretty sure there is a super market one...