Any 60 plus ladies interested in supporting and motivating each other?

Options
My metabolism appears to have slowed down a lot and it has become really difficult for me to lose weight. When I was younger I was obviously a lot more active as a mum of three and I could eat more or less anything and I never gained weight. I packed in smoking and very soon after I seriously hurt my back, diagnosed with slipped discs and sciatica. I now have a heart condition too. I think a group of likeminded people of a similar age could prove very beneficial. If you're interested please comment below.

Replies

• SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Not quite 60...but on the fringe! I love great friends who support and motivate!
  • ngaydean
    ngaydean Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am in. I didn't start to gain weight until I turned 55. I will be 61 in July. Went from being active to a 70 hour a week high stress desk job. After work, a few adult beverages and snacks became a pattern. I went up 35 pounds. I usually only work 6 month out of the year and am taking this off time to get a handle on it. I am down 15 pounds so far. My health is fine as far as I know and since I, as a grandmother of 14 don't need to have a teenage body,
    ( and a little extra weight tends to plump out wrinkles, lol) I will see how I feel after I lose another 10 pounds. I find that I need to stay around 1300 calories and power walk several miles a day. Oh, and just started Yoga.
  • Marieheenan
    Marieheenan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow...such nice people over or near over the 60 mark... I am 66 and about 25 pounds over weight. I recently joined a gym and I feel like I am making SLOW progress. I am about 5'7" and weigh about 195..
    I vaguely remember when I was a size 12 or 14...now I am 18W...somewhat disgusted with my progress...this is my second time joining my fitness pal...did not find friends over 60 before...hope I can offer some encouragement to others hoping to lose weight and become healthier
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    69 there are lots of us out here and still trying. Good luck ladies and gents
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm 61. I have about 13 pounds to goal. Friend me if you like.

I have had a couple of health problems the last few years which contributed to the gain.
  • Marieheenan
    Marieheenan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My metabolism appears to have slowed down a lot and it has become really difficult for me to lose weight. When I was younger I was obviously a lot more active as a mum of three and I could eat more or less anything and I never gained weight. I packed in smoking and very soon after I seriously hurt my back, diagnosed with slipped discs and sciatica. I now have a heart condition too. I think a group of likeminded people of a similar age could prove very beneficial. If you're interested please comment below.

Have you gotten any direct responses? Illness makes it easy to.put pounds on especially at our age...thanks for posting this...i am really interested...
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite 60 yet; just under. Am happy to have more support and motivation from others and to return the same.
  • interva
    interva Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! Sharing progress, setbacks and lessons learnt would be great. I'm 4 kilos down since my 66th birthday 4 weeks ago. Have taken to swimming 40 laps (which is a whole kilometre) twice a week, very proud of that. But am struggling to stay under 1200 cals this week.