Low carb and diabetes

Options
KIMBOBB
KIMBOBB Posts: 4 Member
Hey friends. I currently weight 256 lbs. I began low carb today. All though I say low carb my goal is to be under 63 grams of carbs daily. On top of being super obese, I am also diabetic type 2 and have Htn. I take meteformin 500 mg and Blood pressure medications. I've not been really active other than normal activities at work and home. I do have a fit bit and try to get in 10,000 steps daily which I've been lacking recently. Anyways just looking for support in this area. Please don't comment if you have negative things to say about low carb eating.

Replies

• brahan19
    brahan19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    KIMBOBB wrote: »
    Hey friends. I currently weight 256 lbs. I began low carb today. All though I say low carb my goal is to be under 63 grams of carbs daily. On top of being super obese, I am also diabetic type 2 and have Htn. I take meteformin 500 mg and Blood pressure medications. I've not been really active other than normal activities at work and home. I do have a fit bit and try to get in 10,000 steps daily which I've been lacking recently. Anyways just looking for support in this area. Please don't comment if you have negative things to say about low carb eating.

I am starting low carbohydrate tomorrow hoping to stay under 50g a day but will need to see how I cope on it. I am also type 2 diabetes and have 70lbs to loose. If you know how to friend request me please feel free to as I dont know how to.
  • soupermomof4
    soupermomof4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am on blood pressure meds as well as diabetes medication....i would like to lose 100 pounds! Looking for all the motivation and support I can get!
  • joram172
    joram172 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Doing keto and my daily carb intake is about 26g. Type 2 diabetes and I am off of my Metformin. High blood pressure was never my problem, as it's a tad low to the point where I get a little lightheaded coming off a bench. Lost 50 so far, with 100 to go to meet my final goal. My goal for steps which I don't get sometimes depending on work, is 15k. I can do that easy with walking to or from work and it being a busy day with walking around at work. From door to door, it's 4 miles of walking for me.

Keep to it, realize that slips will happen and sneaky carbs are everywhere. e2pxpo4cjsh9.png
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome everyone! I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • Sweetpea64
    Sweetpea64 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    In a similar situation. Trying to turn things around before I end up on insulin.
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I am trying out higher fat, low carb, moderate protein. Adding in intermittent fasting as well. I have about 130 lbs to lose. I had lost almost 100 about 3 years ago, but have gained it back. So I am back at it. I am always looking for supportive and motivational friends. Feel free to add me if you'd like! :)