Hernia or just workout pain?

Options
Ali_TSO
Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
So, I just started 30DS 2 days ago........... and the left side of my "stomach", almost on my side, JUST under my ribs, I'm having some pain. Now, I don't know if this is bc of the workout with the Devil, a.k.a. Jillian Michaels, lol. But I'm always paranoid about a hernia since my husband had one about 8 years ago. I just know that it hurts... help?

Replies

• emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    might be worth giving nhs direct a call (if your in the uk) but hernias do cause extremee pain!
    or look at boots self diagnosis website just google it :)

im sure its nothing seriious i hate bad pain behind my ribs and was sure it was a heart attack! but it was imflamed ribs!

hope your ok!

xxx
  • lizbanks
    lizbanks Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    When is the pain present, and does it go away?

If it goes away after you're done working out, it could just be a cramp. I would give your doctor a call if its got you doubled over in pain or if it hurts inside normal daily activity.
  • sabracadabra
    Options
    If it hurts that bad, it couldn't hurt to get it checked out (if you have insurance and it's just a little copay - if not, I guess I'd weigh how much it hurts against the money you would spend,)
  • ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options
    plain in simple... go see your doctor :)
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    sounds like a "stitch" in your side from breathing so hard. I used to get them when I wasn't fit and I had to run in gym. It should go away before too long.
  • Ali_TSO
    Options
    When is the pain present, and does it go away?

If it goes away after you're done working out, it could just be a cramp. I would give your doctor a call if its got you doubled over in pain or if it hurts inside normal daily activity.

I just worked out a couple of hours ago, and it's only when I bend to the left. It doesn't have me doubled over, only if I move a certain way...
  • Ali_TSO
    Options
    sounds like a "stitch" in your side from breathing so hard. I used to get them when I wasn't fit and I had to run in gym. It should go away before too long.

yeah, could be, thanks.
  • lizbanks
    lizbanks Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You could have strained a muscle. You could just step back a day or two and see if stretching helps it out. If it doesn't improve or seems to get worse, I'd check with your doctor. Especially if you've done a similar workout in the past and not had this result.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    So, I just started 30DS 2 days ago........... and the left side of my "stomach", almost on my side, JUST under my ribs, I'm having some pain. Now, I don't know if this is bc of the workout with the Devil, a.k.a. Jillian Michaels, lol. But I'm always paranoid about a hernia since my husband had one about 8 years ago. I just know that it hurts... help?

Hiatal hernias are not common and tend to be very uncomfortable all the time, not just when you move one way or the other.

I would say you mostly are having either stitches or pull a muscle. I sometimes have a rib that slips out of place that gives me pain in that area.