bored with my workout.

Options
babyblake11
babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
6 days a week i do 45 minutes of wii fit and toning exercises and one day walking. im very bored with it. to the point where i dont want to do it but i still make myself. i cant leave the house, because i have a 4 month old daughter and her pram isnt here during the day. any at-home workout suggestions? i want to tone up and muscle build should i take one day off cardio and just do strength training, if so any ideas?

Replies

• Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Try Zumba for the wii or zumba dvds?
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I just bought Just Dance 2 for Wii and I absolutely love it. So much so that I already have Just Dance in my Amazon shopping cart.
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Wii and I also change it up at home with Jillian Michaels DVDS. I love to hate her!LOL:laugh:
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Pushups, crunches, pullups, small barbells. There are tons of good strength training workouts you can do at home!
  • mrsdouglas1
    mrsdouglas1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am in LOOOVE LOOOVE LOOOVE with TaeBo!!! its AWESOME. I only workout from home so I follow DVD's. I also really enjoy doing Biggest loser workouts but have recently been doing Bob Harpers workout DVD's along with Billy Blanks Taebo. I have lost a total of 53 pounds since Nov 2010.
  • emhangas
    emhangas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I have found DVD's called 10 min. activities -- whether it be 'belly burners' or lower or upper body -- K-mart and Wal mart carry them --- they work for me!!1 I know I can squeeze in at least one 10 min. workout a day, and I am amazed at what is happening to the 'tone' of my body good luck
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    bodyrock.tv!
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Pushups, crunches, pullups, small barbells. There are tons of good strength training workouts you can do at home!

is it ok to do strength training by itself once a week. then have both every other day? i wanna mix it up more.
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    Try running to the library and renting a workout DVD.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I like Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam, Jillian Michaels, Leslie Sansone, P90X, etc.. You may want to look into beachbody and all the workout programs. Or go to www.collagevideo.com, which has a wide variety of workout dvds! Good Luck!
  • nlfrancis
    nlfrancis Posts: 35
    Options
    I am the same way, and I prefer to work out at home less people to deal with. Try any of Jillian Michaels CD's - they are inexpensive and they give you a challenging workout even if it is at a slower level.

If you are looking for something more challenging, check out the beachbody products - I am in my first round of insanity and I love it, but I am glad it is only 2 months, I am already bored with it.

Go to your local sports store - Sports Chalet, Walmart, Big 5 - and look in their workout section.
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    there are so many diffirent things you can do. I also hit the tread mill but, I mix in swimming snorkling, scuba, hiking, & tried aqua zumba for the first time yesterday witch by the way is so much fun :) but only you can limit your self, get out and find a new healthy hobby !!!!!
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I started out with The Frim videos and love them!! You can find them at Target or Walmart at really good prices! I also like Bob Harper!! There are a ton of dvd's out there you can mix and match...I mix Insanity, The Frim, Jackie Warner, Bob Harper and The Spinning videos ( I have a spin bike at home!).....I only work out at home and LOVE IT!!
  • purplecait1212
    Options
    Do you have netflix through your wii? You can get TONS of different workout dvd on instant streaming and the best part is if you get bored with one then just stop and try another!
  • peacestar84
    peacestar84 Posts: 100
    Options
    For the Wii I love Gold's Gym Cardio (boxing) workout, and Zumba.
  • trouserchili
    Options
    bodyrock.tv!

This.
  • KylerHunter
    Options
    I had the same problem. One or two weeks into starting a workout I would get bored and then eventually stop doing it. If I've learned anything since then is variety, variety and more variety. This past year I made the time old resolution to keep to my work outs and loose the weight. I've done the best so far by rotating what I do. My routine is only the same as I get 20-30 minute cardio and then 20 minutes or so of strength. For one month I did the strength on my own with free weights that I bought at Wal-Mart. The next month my cardio/strength was with Women's Health Total Workout in Ten (rotating between the different routines, there are four total). Another month it was Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home. This month it is Week One in Jillian Micheal's Ripped in 30. I always do the cardio bit on my NordicTrack Elliptical machine just because I brainstorm new ideas for my stories (ya geeky fanfiction writer here). However I always have a new playlist every month with new fast beat songs to it. So far I've never been bored with my work out and it helps a lot. If you can stream Netflix or possibly Hulu (I'm not sure if they've workout videos) use that. Netflix has a good selection to work with. Or try having a friend over and work out together (or your spouse.) I hope this helps.
  • ebramlett
    Options

is it ok to do strength training by itself once a week. then have both every other day? i wanna mix it up more.

I prefer to mix it up every other day. Just from my own experience, it seems to help keep the metabolism thru the roof. You've got to build muscle to get those last pesky pounds off. No better way to do than strength training! Muscles wipe out fat super quick!!
  • ebramlett
    Options
    Nothing at all wrong with the cardio dvd's. Just throw some weight training in there. Even it it is just body gravity weights ( pushups, situps, etc). Hope that helps!! Good luck!!