So hard sometimes - Reminder picture to keep me motivated

Options
I've been following MFP for over 120 days: putting down everything I eat, actually drinking water (yuck), staying in (or under) my 1210 calorie range and doing some exercise too. The weight loss is slow (slower than I'd like) approx 26 lbs. I am going to doctor to have blood tests run since I'm in my late 40's. I try to keep the mindset that if I wasn't doing this, I'd probably be gaining and then I keep this picture on my phone to keep me going. What do you have/do to keep you motivated?

Replies

• suzettedees
    suzettedees Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I restarted mfp in January. My weight loss isn't as quick as I'd like either. I log every meal, even the ones I wish I didn't eat and workout with cardio, weights and a core regime 4, mostly 5 days a week. I've lost 35 ugly pounds lol. I'm in my late 40s too. I try to focus on the health benefits, I feel better, stronger, have more endurance and generally feel happier. I realise that this has to be my life for me to be successful. After many years my (may need to lose 10 pounds) husband has gotten on board and works out with me, helps prepare healthy meals and supports me. I also take a picture every 10 pounds. Enlist family and friends for support, talk about your accomplishments, you've lost 26 pounds, that's awesome! Be kind to yourself. Losing weight is not easy and neither will keeping it off be. Every healthy choice you make has a positive effect on your life and your families life.
  • graydreams
    graydreams Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello Jackie Marie, happy belated Mother's Day :) I hope that your blood tests will have healthy results :) That is good that you remind yourself about being healthy. Good for you for doing MFP and complying with your calorie goals. For me, I am very used to eating within my calorie goals, I guess I am just motivated because I'm used to it, but for exercise, I sort of do that by thinking about happy things, listening to music, or watching the news while exercising.