New girl on the block!

Options
Hey everyone,

This site was recommended to me by a friend, who said the support and motivation given to her by people she met on this site really helped her in her pre-wedding fitness kick... so here I am!

I'm naturally quite thin, and am starting at 120lbs (please don't kick me)... I've been a scrawny little thing from being a kid, but since going away to university three years ago and actually having to cook for myself, I really can see the difference in my body. Whereas I used to burn off calories like there was no tomorrow, since getting older (and lazier), my body has really changed shape and I can really tell I'm starting to lay down fat in all the wrong places! My main bugbear is my tummy (too many pot noodles have given me a proper little jelly belly!).

I have joined a local gym and have been trying out different classes to see what suits me. I enjoyed pilates but didn't feel that it gave me a very good workout, and I feel I get the most benefit from the more energetic, fast-paced classes like step or aerobics.
My body is definitely not used to exercise, that's all gone a bit downhill since leaving home and going to university as well... so I just need a general lifestyle overhaul!

Any tips or advice much appreciated, I want to lose weight and tone up the healthy way as opposed to taking any drastic measures... and there are some really inspirational stories on this site which I'm sure will keep me motivated!

Hope to hear from some fitnesspals soon...
xox

Replies

• caballn1
    caballn1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Good luck! I am new too! I am here to lose my baby weight and get fit. I realize I have to go to the store and stock up on some healthy foods. I just bought the Brazilian Butt Lift videos, since with a new baby I can't go to the gym!
  • DiabeticAlien
    DiabeticAlien Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I've been using the site for a week now and I have to say this community has great understanding and support!!
  • lugovelb
    lugovelb Posts: 60
    Options
    Congratz and well done in joining. welcome to MFP been here for about a week. Your friend is right motivation here is very good. Your welcome to add me.. Good Luck
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Your friend was right. this is the best place for support and motivation. Awesome advice on about any fitness/nutrition question you may have. Good luck and feel free to add me!
  • dumb_blonde
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for such a lovely welcome! :)

I just completed my food diary for today (when I wasn't really considering what I was eating)... and found out I am currently consuming DOUBLE my recommended daily allowance of calories. Wow.... that was a big fat shock! ('Fat' being the operative word here, as I'm eating double my allowance of that too haha!)

Deary me, now I really am motivated!

Bring on tomorrow ;)
  • patticrn
    patticrn Posts: 6
    Options
    It is amazing what just logging what you eat does for you! Best of luck!
  • KatrinaBallerina
    Options
    Welcome! :) I'm new here too, add me if you'd like, more friends= more support..this site is amazing for that, it's also abit addicting once you start recording your food intake..makes you so much more aware of what you put into your body during the day.