In between sizes!

Ugh. XL t-shirts are now too big for me, but large ones feel too tight still. I'm going with the baggy XL until I lose some more, but how annoying is it to be in between? I wish there was a L.5 or something lol. And I'm more top heavy after having my second baby, so L shorts fit my legs, but not my stomach. It's so annoying, but it gives me motivation I guess. I just can't wait to be more proportionate!

Replies

• cookiemonster_ashley
    cookiemonster_ashley Posts: 27 Member
    I'm between as well. My pants are all really loose yet the next size down are a bit too tight still. Frustrating.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited May 2017
    Maybe try other brands.
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    I was just at the store trying crop pants i really wanted for work and I complained about stores not carrying half sizes. Size 12 is a bit big but size 10 is tight so I need a 11 or 10.5 in pants. Wishful thinking!
  • Xymheia
    Xymheia Posts: 65 Member
    edited May 2017
    I know your pain, shopping really gets frustrating sometimes. I'm an hourglass with high hips, so it's hit and miss on fit and low rise anything (= most of what's available where I live) is just awful on me.
  • EricaH7
    EricaH7 Posts: 74 Member
    I agree, try other brands. That's the good (or bad) thing about clothing is every brand sizes a little differently.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Very frustrating-last pair of pants I bought was on a 2 for 1 special - so I bought the next size down for the 2nd pair. In the last few weeks - they started slipping off when walking and I had to add holes on my belt - so the belt is 2" tighter - the smaller pants I can now get on, bu they are still too tight and a button has ripped off.
  • jlscherme
    jlscherme Posts: 157 Member
    I feel for your annoyance. I'm between an 8-10 or M-L. I have my favorite brands and its hard to make myself try others to see if they fit better.
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Thats the main reason i took up sewing. A couple of stitches and things fit better. I have a stack of clothes waiting at home for me to modify a bit.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    What really stinks is being between bra sizes.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    tomteboda wrote: »

THIS IS THE WORST!!!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    yeah the bra sizes are the worst. with the variances in clothing sizes, its not too hard to find things that work when in between. im a 12 and have stuff as small as an 8 and as large as a 16. its all just a number.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Another vote for other brands, or even other models of the same brands.

/Curse you, women's clothes designers/
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member

Bra extender?

41j9yzjB9rL.jpg
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Just echoing, try different brands. Even though men's sizes are supposed to be based on actual measurements (ie 34" waist should be 34" regardless) they vary WILDLY. Sometimes one shirt's large is another shirt's medium, and everywhere in between.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    This never really changes for me
    As I keep losing weight my waist gets real small and my quads... they just get bigger
    Plus my boobs will disappear, but my lats will get wider.
    I am always in between like 6 different sizes
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Ugh. XL t-shirts are now too big for me, but large ones feel too tight still. I'm going with the baggy XL until I lose some more, but how annoying is it to be in between? I wish there was a L.5 or something lol. And I'm more top heavy after having my second baby, so L shorts fit my legs, but not my stomach. It's so annoying, but it gives me motivation I guess. I just can't wait to be more proportionate!

Also annoying is sometimes your shape changes as well as size. So going to a smaller size undies may 'fit' but not fit right. I was quite pleased recently to come across a brand/size/style that are comfortable and don't ride up. :)
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member

I find it hard to believe that anyone is actually "in between" sizes, maybe it's as you say - just because you are still not proportional. I think too many gals are wearing clothes tighter than they should in the first place. I would say that at least half the women I see should be wearing at least one size larger.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Just echoing, try different brands. Even though men's sizes are supposed to be based on actual measurements (ie 34" waist should be 34" regardless) they vary WILDLY. Sometimes one shirt's large is another shirt's medium, and everywhere in between.

yeah - I bought a shirt in December - not my normal brand - still won't fit, meanwhile I've gone down 2 shirt sizes
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Bra extender?

41j9yzjB9rL.jpg

Doesn't really help when its a cup-size issue.