When to weigh?

Options
Hey everyone!
I've been getting some really conflicting advice from friends and family about the best time of day to weigh-in to ensure consistent results. Some claim the time makes no difference, while others say I should only weigh-in in a morning.
What do you all think?
xox

Replies

• brandenocs
    brandenocs Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I do it first thing in the morning so I have an accurate and consistent gauge since I don't eat the same thing everyday. But I don't know about everyone else. It works for me.
  • terrie98
    terrie98 Posts: 49
    Options
    I weigh in only in the morning... I tried weighing in later in the day but find that the lowest weight is when I first wake up.. so I like using that one ;)
  • IAmTheAwesomest
    Options
    morning,before you eat anything and naked.
  • danyelle318
    danyelle318 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist suggest to weigh in the morning, it's the most accurate. She says that you'll always weigh more at night due to all the liquids we intake during the day (water weight).
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Always use the same scale!!!!! I like to weigh in the morning, before eating anything, as I get into the shower, so I have no clothes on. Weighing later in the day, clothes can weigh different, how much you have eaten or drank can change weight.

I also weigh every day. It helps me to see the trends of what I eat causes me to gain. Also there is a certain time of month there is water retention and I will weigh more. It does not bother me, as I know why I weight more.
  • JeanWalker109
    Options
    The theory behind a.m. weigh-ins is that you're body's been resting and everything's been kinda regulated. You don't have lingering salt & things in your body from food you've just eaten. I'm sure I'm not explaining that exactly right; however, I do know that they say your "true weight" is best identified when you've just woken up, after you use the rest room & with no clothes.

All I know for certain is you should weigh yourself the same time (no matter what time it is) each time you weigh, so you'll have an accurate account.

*smiles*

Jean
  • rishonb
    rishonb Posts: 232
    Options
    definitely in the morning before you put anything in your body . i guarantee that if you weigh yourself in the morning you will be one weight than at night you will be a little heavier. its all about your food intake daily. my suggestion is to weight you self consistently in the mornings.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Morning, before you eat and after you poop. :)

If you can time it that way. I think dieters are more excited to poop than anyone else.
  • angfish
    angfish Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think dieters are more excited to poop than anyone else.

:laugh:

Its true!!
  • dumb_blonde
    Options
    Haha I guess morning wins then! It does make a lot of sense about it being a "true" weight... I'll stick with that.
    And BodyByButter....cheers for the tip. LOL.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I weigh in naked, first thing, every Friday morning.