Any options people

Options
Hello my name is Mireya, and I've been trying my fitness pal for a while now, the thing is that I've been doing really good the last months but the problem started a week ago, I started to eat bad every weekend and I ate bad the whole last week, (not exaggerated but still bad) now I don't know how to keep it going before it gets out of hand and I get all the weight I lost back, today I went and eat out at taco bell :(, it's hard because when I go out with family everybody eats out, (still is my fault, but it's hard) any options that anybody can give me please? What do you guys do to keep the diet after a bad week or a bad weekend? Any advice will be really appreciated, thank you (sorry if my english is bad, I'm not american n.nU)

Replies

• jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    When ever Im going to cut or drop a few pounds I never start before Ive mentally committed. Because if Im not in it mentally, then physically I will fail every time.
  • mkmarte
    mkmarte Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    yea I can relate. I do good all week with counting calories and working out and then on the weekend I go way over on my calories and gain back a couple pounds which somewhat discouraged me. what has helped us to preplan the next few days meals and include a little treat so I don't feel deprived
  • damdam96
    damdam96 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had about 5 days of eating badly for my birthday weekend last month and I was really angry at myself. But I just had to draw a line under it and start again. Very few people get to a stage where they are unhappy with their bodies because of one bad choice, it is usually a life time of making bad choices. Therefore, to lose weight you need to consistently make good choices. So a week of indulgence, although not great, is not the end of the world....it is how you handle it now. Are you going to make more bad choices? Or are you going to forgive yourself for slipping up and start afresh? ❤
  • nerva0729
    nerva0729 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I did put my mind on it, I did good this whole time, for months, just because I did wrong a week doesn't mean I'm not trying at all, I know it's even gonna take years, that's why I'm trying, Jphoels9025 I found your comment really rude, you don't even know me yet you are judging me by just a comment without checking the whole picture, and I'm doing this even if it takes a year or two, I'm not doing this just for some months, It's not a matter of dropping a few pounds it's a matter that I wanna change my habits for life, that's why I think it's harder for me, I'm not looking to do it for a while, but for most of my life, the other comments, yeah the thing is that I don't cook and I eat what everybody else does, then we have birthdays and yesterday was mother's day, last week was a birthday too, so there's a lot of leftovers and it's hard when we have to eat that, I haven't done crazy bad but it wasn't good either, and I even weight myself and it says I'm almost 5 pounds heavier than last week!!! Is that possible? I guess is true that I have to plan my whole day ahead, but I never know what's there to eat, I do count portion but the sweet stuff it's what gets me, and yeah I try to forgive myself but it's a little hard that once you make a bad choice it's hard to make good ones :(
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    nerva0729 wrote: »
    I did put my mind on it, I did good this whole time, for months, just because I did wrong a week doesn't mean I'm not trying at all, I know it's even gonna take years, that's why I'm trying, Jphoels9025 I found your comment really rude, you don't even know me yet you are judging me by just a comment without checking the whole picture, and I'm doing this even if it takes a year or two, I'm not doing this just for some months, It's not a matter of dropping a few pounds it's a matter that I wanna change my habits for life, that's why I think it's harder for me, I'm not looking to do it for a while, but for most of my life, the other comments, yeah the thing is that I don't cook and I eat what everybody else does, then we have birthdays and yesterday was mother's day, last week was a birthday too, so there's a lot of leftovers and it's hard when we have to eat that, I haven't done crazy bad but it wasn't good either, and I even weight myself and it says I'm almost 5 pounds heavier than last week!!! Is that possible? I guess is true that I have to plan my whole day ahead, but I never know what's there to eat, I do count portion but the sweet stuff it's what gets me, and yeah I try to forgive myself but it's a little hard that once you make a bad choice it's hard to make good ones :(

wasn't trying to be rude, really, just gave you advice that I really take to heart, so for you to be offended really is offsetting. Not sure what you mean by 'any options' then because when I gave my options in the form of advice you were not very receptive.

I still wish you the best of luck and the fact you understand that your in it for the long haul will definitely better equip your expectations. Good luck and enjoy the journey!

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell is okay. Two beef tacos would fit into my daily intake easily.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Do you know why this happened?

Sometimes if this happens to me, I look back in my food diary and realize I was being too restrictive. Maybe I dropped my calories too low in hopes of losing faster (never works, silly me)- and it was too restrictive.

I try to leave room for a daily treat, if I want. Usually one block of chocolate. And once a week to once a month, I allow a nice meal I know will put me over my deficit (and maybe my maintenance) and I don't worry about tracking. (This is super helpful for me to help deal with dinners out, or friends invited over, parties, etc.)
  • krashyman
    krashyman Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If I slip for a few days or a week, it is so easy to let it snowball into giving up and giving in to what feels like an inevitable return to unhealthy eating. But, here's the thing: Tomorrow is a new day. Treat it like Day One and get right back to what you've shown you are able to do. Stop worrying about the past week and don't let it get you down. Think of it as a vacation that is now over, and get back to work! When you wake up tomorrow, don't think about last week. Just focus on one day. Get through the day by hitting your goals. Just one day is all it takes, and you'll be back on track. Good luck!
  • nerva0729
    Options
    Jpoehls9025 maybe I took it too personal, sorry I just felt that you said I wasn't trying when I really am, but thank you for your advice, you probably are right by saying that you have to put all your mind into it, thanks, I wish you luck too :)... and yeah I talked to someone and she told me that is probably because I'm not eating the right food, that I have to change my food habits and not only count portions, because if I still eat pizza it has a lot of fats and that makes you gain weight, it's a little hard, you can't just have whatever haha n.nU, (taco bell is good but if you have the really bad stuff then you're screwed xD) and that's true, today is a new day, I have to start from zero and put my mind and heart on it, I can't give up I have to learn from my mistakes and fix things... Luna3386 yes!!! I do that a lot, I don't let myself have any treats, not a candy, no nothing I restrict myself a lot, but on weekends I messed it up, probably is because of that...
  • EricaH7
    EricaH7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people say it isn't smart to do this but I honestly am a foodie. I love junk food, I love fast food. I make my goals food. If I lose 10 pounds I can go to taco bell and have whatever I want for a meal, etc. One bad meal isn't going to make you gain a bunch of weight. Not allowing yourself to ever have that food that you were so used to before and loved will though because eventually you will want to go back to your old ways and miss it. Don't deprive yourself of any of the stuff you ate before. Or you will always have that same issue of going for quite a while great and then slipping up because you never get it.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    If you gain a big bump quickly, chances are good that it's water retention, especially if you've gone over on calories and/or sodium. The nice thing is that it comes off relatively easily. You just have to make a change again. You DO know what to do, because you've done it before.

Yes, tomorrow is a new day, but there is still time in TODAY. You don't have to wait for tomorrow to get started again. :)
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Pick yourself back up and keep moving forward. Use the disappointment as motivation to keep moving forward.Not tomorrow, Not next Monday. Right Now! Get out and get some sun, get some exercise, and plan to eat something that your body will love.
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I find that when I eat what I feel is healthy, I'm less likely to over eat at a birthday party, holiday, or any gathering. So, my suggestion, eat ahead, but leave room for something you can enjoy with the crowd.
    Fact of the matter, everything fits in your calorie goal.
  • db121215
    db121215 Posts: 60 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I check not only my calorie intake and exercise but also my nutrients and macros. Gives you a good idea where you need to tweak. Some supposedly healthy food, like canned soup, is low in calories and fat but crazy high in sodium.. Sodium adds to bloat which equally unhappy scale for a day or two. Some people say dieting shouldn't be not eatting what you want. To a certain degree I agree. Much smaller portions of what you want so long as you are meeting your calorie goal and receiving the nutrients your body needs. For birthdays or dinners out, it's grilled chicken on salad, hold the dressing. But I may have a sliver of cake. It's unlikely you can fit a throw down dinner plus cake into your calorie goal, so you make the adjustments. Can't use special occasions or leftovers as a free pass. Each meal is a new chance to make a good decision. And yes, it's hard and it sucks. But making bad decisions easily is what landed me in this fat predicament to begin with. Good luck. Make good decisions regularly.
  • nerva0729
    Options
    Thank you for all the replies!! Yes I'm doing a little better (I still have to get used to do more exersice that's the only thing) but according to the scale now I gain a pound :( ... well no big deal but it's a wake up call, it means I have to do better and get better choices, I'm trying more, because I'm not gonna get stuck, I'm gonna do this, no matter how many times I fall, I'll certainly get up again, thank you for all your advice everybody it gave me a lot of courage to keep going, I do have my days when I give myself a nice food from a restaurant, but I have to do much better, I think it's the weekends what gets me, we eat pizza every Saturday, I'm gonna have to eat healthy all day and have just one piece of pizza, that way I eat what I want but I don't eat the whole table xD, but yeah, I'm doing better and I'll keep going, even better than know, thank you for all the comments :)<3
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    The next day you have a couple of hours do meal prep for a couple days. Chop some fruit and veggies. Bag up some nuts for healthy snacks. make up some salads or meals that you can divide. Get back into the good healthy food, take your time and pick things you really enjoy. if you like pineapple cut one up and put it in small containers for ready healthy snack. Just an example.
  • Moopstheterrible
    Moopstheterrible Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My advice is to stay off the scale. If you truly want to make a lifetime change, then seeing the daily fluctuations in your weight is counterproductive because you will get frustrated. At most, check your weight once a month or so. As long as you've fairly acurately calculated your caloric needs, you will reach your goals.

And unless you are prepared to forever give up on going out to eat with your family and treating yourself, you have to find room in your plan for those activities. Which of the following scenarios makes more sense?

1. Eating well five days every week, for the rest of your life, splurging on the weekends and holidays, or
    2. Eating well seven days a week for a few months, only to get frustrated and give up altogether because you splurged one weekend with your family

• Luchovida
    Luchovida Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I really use Fitness Pal. I may eat at Taco Bell but I choose lighter items. I just try to keep under my calorie count for the day. I'm still losing weight