Help

Options
It's been 9 weeks no weight loss at all I eat 1350 calories and I am 5'2, I take strength training 3 days a week and do my cardio every day, any suggestions??

Replies

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    The usual...are you weighing everything? Are you eating back your workout calories and of so are you sure you're calculating those correctly? Do you log everything, every day?
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi! Have you lost some and just been at a plateau for nine weeks or did you start nine weeks ago and haven't lost anything yet? Can you make your food diary public? Are you eating back your exercise calories? If you are truly eating 1,350 calories per day, you should be losing (depending on your activity level); if you're not, you are likely eating more than you think and not creating the caloric deficit needed to lose weight. How tightly are you logging? How are you measuring your food intake? A food scale is much more precise than measuring cups and spoons. Here is a good example of how off you can be if you're not weighing your food: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnnpUYmr0OM
    Good luck!
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Ditto what the previous two have said.
    I'm on 1200 a day, I'm 5'1", I do go over sometimes (weddings, birthdays etc) and I usually eat back my exercise calories.
    I've plateaued for about a month but have fluctuated through the weeks.
    Are you measuring inches too? Sometimes my measurements have gone down when the scale hasn't.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    t4chqw6byqd9.jpg
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    The only way for this to happen is if you don't use scales for everything you eat and therefore you are underestimating.
  • Jacobking101
    Jacobking101 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you are building muscle in proportion to the fat you are losing?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you are building muscle in proportion to the fat you are losing?

That is very unlikely in a calorie deficit.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    It's been 9 weeks no weight loss at all I eat 1350 calories and I am 5'2, I take strength training 3 days a week and do my cardio every day, any suggestions??

What's your current weight? Age? That context matters in terms of your deficit, and really any suggestions that could help you. The fact that you are not talking about the standard 1200 minimum tells me you've at least inputted your numbers here.

What is your goal weight? What is your goal loss rate?

• Myth
    Myth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Have your measurements changed? They are a great thing to track.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    The only way for this to happen is if you don't use scales for everything you eat and therefore you are underestimating.

Respectfully disagree, it can also be from overestimating burns and eating back those calories.

It could also be a medical disorder.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Food scale!!!!!!! Weigh all solid and semi solid foods.