Music to walk to.....

Options
caitky1013
caitky1013 Posts: 31 Member
I'm just starting to include some daily exercise into my routine...today was my first day, just walking. I can't do it without music. What do you guys listen to to keep yourself motivated during your workouts, while walking or running?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    90s twerk music
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    Spotify's Walk Like a Badass playlist :smile:
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    House music usually give me the best BPM to walk on the beat. I also love 90's club music.

The rap/rock genre gets me going for my runs.

I make my own playlists depending on the speed I'm going for the workout.
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Springsteen, the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtracks and other 80's music
  • GMPOTS
    GMPOTS Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Cher , keep me moving
  • lifestylechange888
    lifestylechange888 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My favorite Pandora station while exercising is Flo'Rida station. It is upbeat and keeps me moving fast!
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I love musical soundtracks... Gypsy (the Imelda Staunton/Peter Davison revival) was my poison of choice for a long time, now it's Hamilton. I ran a gentle 5k to The Light Princess from the National Theatre last year, good for pacing :)
  • princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    fight song by rachel platten. shake it off taylor swift. boom clap charlie xcx.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I zone better with instrumental music. Action movie soundtracks work really well for me. "Zooster's Breakout" from Madagascar, "The Game Has Changed" and "Outlands" from Tron: Legacy, and the main theme to Star Trek: Into Darkness are all favorites.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I jump around different iHeart and TuneIn stations. For the last couple days I've been on iHeart's "Hawai'i No Ka Oi".
  • julesEMS2016
    julesEMS2016 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have started listening to audio books or podcasts when I'm walking. The music didn't seem to help me keep my head in the game for very long.
  • sqwelchy_2007
    sqwelchy_2007 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Metal, drum and bass, twerk music.
  • caitky1013
    caitky1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Such a mix of genres. I love it! Goes to show what works for one may not work for another! My playlist for today included some 50's - Wake up Little Susie, Rockin Robin, Book of Love, etc. and some 80's - Gloria by Laura Branigan, White Wedding by Billie Idol, Karma Chameleon, etc.
  • shadowlife
    shadowlife Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Monstercat
  • Brad_Winter_HC4L
    Brad_Winter_HC4L Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    For walking, something like Boards of Canada, Moby or Max Richter.

For workouts, if the gym is busy, hardcore, techno, drum and bass.

But no tunes during serious heavy lifts. Pure focus.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Audible! I listen to books and sometimes I find myself working out longer than I planned because I'm right in the middle of a good story.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    For walking, I just put on whatever I'm in the mood for.

I have a playlist I made for running which is mostly up-tempo -- EDM, bluegrass, rock -- with a few down-tempo classical piano pieces to remind me to focus on form.
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Just be careful to not get too wrapped up in your music or play it too loud. You should try to remain aware of your surroundings.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I like podcasts for walking, but the suggestion of musicals would work well for me too.

Me too! A cheaper alternative to Audible or music since they're free.
  • DrizztGirl82
    DrizztGirl82 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I typically change my music every few weeks. For me it keeps it fresh. I also switch it up with Audible for books. Right now though, I have come back to bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Five Finger Death Punch, Fozzy, Cold Kingdom, and more. I feel that these songs motivate me to walk faster. But the most important thing is to remember to pick something that calls to you. Something that will motivate you. For some people, country may motivate them to move faster and walk longer. Put something on that you like. And you can use Spotify or another music app to make a radio based on one artist or band, it will play similar tracks to the one you selected. That's a great way to find new music!