What is your favorite running app?

Options
Just curious on what you use for your running/walking app? And if you like it? I use the map my fitness. Just want to know if there is any other apps out there that are good or better.

Replies

• Charabz69
    Charabz69 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use Strava x
  • AUGirl79
    AUGirl79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am using the lolo Easy 5k app. I am a newbie so my opinion doesn't mean much. :smile:
  • katycapp
    katycapp Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use Map my run....Not sure how it is different than map my fitness.
    I love that it keeps track of my pace and I can see the difference in that over time. I also like that it tells me my pace, time, and distance each mile so that I can keep track during my runs without having to look at my phone.
  • moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I use Runtastic. It will show you a map of your run, the average speed, fastest and slowest speed, calories burned. The free version has ads, but they're not that bad, and there are premium memberships. Runtastic also syncs with MyFitnessPal so after I finish a run or walk it automatically updates.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I recently got a TomTom Spark with built in GPS. I don't have to carry my phone and I can sync to the app on WiFi later.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Runtastic here and I went ahead and paid for the pro version because I use it almost daily. I also like that it tracks the miles on my shoes so I am reminded when it is time to replace them.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    i love zombies, run! and ismoothrun
  • camoballerina91
    camoballerina91 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I like my Nike+ Run Club app. I can set it for an indoor/treadmill run or an outdoor/track run, it tracks the mileage on my shoes, and it connects easily to my HR monitor. I also like the voice feedback during my runs, it's pretty encouraging.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Nike+ Running app, too, but I started using Strava for bike rides, and I might switch for running, too.
  • Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have my TomTom Spark 3 watch. Their app is pretty good, however, I have it sync automatically to the Nike Run app, and I like that one too.
  • Sherasunum
    Sherasunum Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nike Plus is good..they even have a coach for sunday runs
  • Jimbolaya64
    Jimbolaya64 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use my Forerunner 235 with Garmin Connect for run stats. I use Rock My Run for music.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I use Runkeeper. Map My Run, Runtastic, and Runkeeper seem to be the most popular, and all of them do basically the same thing--keep track of your pace, distance, calories burned, map your route, etc. All three can sync with MFP. They're also all free, so I'd just download them all and try them out to figure out which one you like best.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    I've got Strava, and Garmin connect, so I have to remember to remove the duplicate MFP event.
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I use garmin connect for outdoor runs, and runsocial on my ipad on the treadmill - lots of different virtual runs to try, and very realistic - breaks the boredom! :)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I love Strava. In my experience it has been very reliable, I like the different options for tracking specific segments of my run (and comparing different times), and if you know other people who use it, it's fun to see their runs and give encouragement.
  • 6PathsSage
    6PathsSage Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Strava for both running & cycling it also links to ihealth for Apple and GoogleFit for Android phones, absolutely love it.
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options

I love Zombies, Run too. When I was starting out, I used C25K
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    JennieMaeK wrote: »

I love Zombies, Run too. When I was starting out, I used C25K

I also love Zombies, Run! I started with the Zombies, Run 5K trainer and worked my way to the full app. I have also done the virtual races!
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I love Zombies, Run!
    I've only just started, but I'm loving every second of it.