Lab work results!

Options
carpediem3
carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
December 2010 I had a ton of lab tests run, the biggest was the Hemoglobin A1c and it showed my level at 5.7 - Borderline diabetic. Ouch.

April 2011, the tests were run again only this time I did the regular fasting glucose test -- I was at 96. Within the normal range.

July 20 I did the tests, again. Glucose level is now at a 93!

High side of normal, but still NORMAL! All my other tests were even better than they were in April, also -- Great news!

I believe the Metformin has helped, but more I believe my strength and dedication to weight-loss has been the main factor!!

So happy with the results who wouldn't want to share?! :happy:

Replies

• dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    This is an excellent NSV
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    Yay for health! :D
  • antiochba
    antiochba Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations. your numbers are great! I am also type 2 on metformin. Keep it up!!!
  • DeeChan634
    DeeChan634 Posts: 34
    Options
    Wonderful!:smile:
  • shack1157
    shack1157 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I started this weight loss journey in Oct. 2010. I had been told by my doctor I was headed down the wrong road (pre-diabetes) Fasting blood sugar was 116, A1C was 6.4. I went back to the doctor last Friday, 87 lbs.lighter than last fall, for my new test results... A1C was 6.0, (high side of normal), Fasting blood sugar was 84, I am not on any diabetic drugs, AND I was able to come off my blood pressure medication. Next week (after test result confirms) I will probably be able to come off my cholesterol medicine.
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I started this weight loss journey in Oct. 2010. I had been told by my doctor I was headed down the wrong road (pre-diabetes) Fasting blood sugar was 116, A1C was 6.4. I went back to the doctor last Friday, 87 lbs.lighter than last fall, for my new test results... A1C was 6.0, (high side of normal), Fasting blood sugar was 84, I am not on any diabetic drugs, AND I was able to come off my blood pressure medication. Next week (after test result confirms) I will probably be able to come off my cholesterol medicine.

That's awesome!! Great job!
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Excelent! Great job!
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Making a positive change in your health is the best NSV of all! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!