Hit me with your top filling foods

Options
This is day 2 of being REALLY hungry all the time. Like graze mode all day. I am eating pretty ok but very very close or over and still HUNGRY. I upped my calories recently (lose .5 lbs vs 1 lb a week) as I am basically at my target weight. So I need some filling foods. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies

• felicia1105
    felicia1105 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cheese
    Peanuts
    Watermelon :-)
    Peanut butter sandwich
    Chicken
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    veggies
    cheese
    nuts
    peanut butter
    fruit

I also will sometimes drink tea or coffee or water when I want to feel full but it's not time to eat...............

hope that helps some.
  • LeCitron
    LeCitron Posts: 71
    Options
    Any type of fruit, vegetable, or legume will fill you right up--especially the ones packed with fiber, like broccoli and lentils (but watch out for over consumption because they can also cause major bloating). If you're looking for a tasty, easy to make whole grain I suggest trying quinoa (pronounced keen-wah). It has 172 calories per quarter cup (dry) and is chock full of protein, fiber, and healthy carbohydrates. Think of it as brown rice on steroids! But really, it can go with anything and tastes wonderful. I discovered it only two weeks ago and haven't been able to get enough since. :)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    My most filling meal is equal portions (I do 1/2 cup of each) of plain nonfat Greek yogurt and Kashi Go Lean Crunch. Plenty of protein and fiber.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Black beans. Yum!! Black bean burgers are great.

Butternut squash season with curry and toss with tomato and quinoa for a super filling meal.

Eggs

Lentils
  • 4himalone
    4himalone Posts: 69
    Options
    good topic..bump!
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Black beans, rice and 1/4 cup salsa with cumin, coriander, chili power and onion powder. If you have enough calories left add a tbsp FF sour cream to your serving. Yummy and filling.

I also drink a cup of coffee with FF creamer and sweetener when I need to feel full.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Roasted corn and black bean salsa:

Black beans, corn, tomato, cilantro and lime juice.
  • denisemichele
    denisemichele Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bumop
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Almonds for sure.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    bonk
  • et57
    et57 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of black beans mixed with a tablespoon or two of salsa or pico de gallo on a bed of lettuce. Very filling for around 150 calories.
  • sara_handley06
    Options
    I get a Pink Lady apple and cut it into really thin slices, about the size of a fat chip. I nibble on them all morning and it fills me up as well as allows me to graze all morning!
  • sara_handley06
    Options
    I get a Pink Lady apple and cut it into really thin slices, about the size of a fat chip. I nibble on them all morning and it fills me up as well as allows me to graze all morning!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Pasta fills me big time. I cannot eat a serving without feeling like I am going to explode!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I love this topic :heart:

best wishes to your success:drinker:
  • domesticgypsie
    domesticgypsie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup bell pepper, 1/2 cup red "bell" pepper, 2 small red potatoes, 1/4 cup white onion, use olive oil spray in skillet, dice veggies up small, and stir fry (add small amounts of water water as you cook because the potato will stick). After potatoes are soft and veggies tender add two eggs (or egg whites), and mix together. Turn onto plate and cover with 1/4 cup Weight Watchers Mexican Blend. The serving is enormous! Have 2 slices of Sara Lee 45 wheat bread on side with Best Life butter spray.

VERY FILLING! Less than 300 calories. It will stick to your ribs and give you plenty of nutirents.
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Chicken
    Eggs
    Vegetables
    Apples
    Black beans
  • Ballay
    Ballay Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Nice topic! For me it's peanut butter sandwich on whole grain bread, watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew melons, any kind of beans, oatmeal, and drinking a glass of a fiber drink like metamusil with my meals when I'm not satisfied.