Replies

• ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    baked sweet potato! so good for you and low in calories
  • tturley
    tturley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    For me what foods are filling varies. I used to make a point to eat protein after long bike rides. Most of the time I continued to be hungry the rest of the day. Now I eat carbs and feel satisfied. I think your body knows what it needs. Listen to your cravings, within reason, of course.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Macadamia nuts and avocados are the biggies for me. Also portobello mushrooms (especially the big caps), Greek yogurt, roasted skin-on potatoes, and black beans.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Any type of protein - cottage cheese, eggs, lean meat, yoghurt....

Lentils, beans sweet potato.....

and then there is the ones you can eat lots of, but still control calorie's eaten brocolli, cauliflower, raw carrots...
  • wan2b_fatfree
    Options
    any egg white omlete u can come up with....green peppers, mushroom and fat free cheese come to mind :)
  • acesauls
    acesauls Posts: 4
    Options
    Eating something every two hours will keep you from getting too hungry and making a poor choice. I always keep plenty of healthy snacks close by such as : snack size popcorn, Fiber one bars, grapes, carrots, pretzels are great, peanut butter crackers, sharp cheddar cheese and crackers. Congrats on reaching your goal weight, I just found this program a few days ago and I look forward to posting my meals and exercise on it each day.
  • tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Whole grain pastas and rice. I love a serving of brown rice, one scrambled egg and salsa (or diced Italian tomatoes) for breakfast.
  • michellewa
    michellewa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It is very important to eat high protein foods to stay full. Fiber doesn't work unless you drink alot with it. High protein cereal with almond milk is great! Special K has a really high protein cereal:drinker: that is a perfect mix of fiber and protein. The Diamond almond milk unsweetened original is only 40 cal a cup and it is so creamy. I don't like the Silk brand at all. Too thick. The best idea is to stay busy with whatever you do, so you don't think about food!
  • angelacelia
    angelacelia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Kellogg's All Bran- 1 cup of that fills you up for hours. I consider it a miracle food (even though it looks like rabbit food!)

I also find that staying well hydrated keeps the food cravings down. Watermelon is also a good choice. It is very low in calories, but can fill you up pretty quickly.

Protein shakes are good too in moderation. I generally drink one in the morning and one right after working out.

Lastly, I've also found that chewing on gum helps me to fight the food cravings.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Any type of fruit, vegetable, or legume will fill you right up--especially the ones packed with fiber, like broccoli and lentils (but watch out for over consumption because they can also cause major bloating). If you're looking for a tasty, easy to make whole grain I suggest trying quinoa (pronounced keen-wah). It has 172 calories per quarter cup (dry) and is chock full of protein, fiber, and healthy carbohydrates. Think of it as brown rice on steroids! But really, it can go with anything and tastes wonderful. I discovered it only two weeks ago and haven't been able to get enough since. :)

Perfectly stated. . much agreed.. .I tend to eat mostly vegetarian.. so this is much of my diet. . lol. . .but yes quinoa is the best. .. love it.. for wraps. . plain. . with curry. . you can make it up like oatmeal. .
  • dovenotes
    dovenotes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    1/2 cup bell pepper, 1/2 cup red "bell" pepper, 2 small red potatoes, 1/4 cup white onion, use olive oil spray in skillet, dice veggies up small, and stir fry (add small amounts of water water as you cook because the potato will stick). After potatoes are soft and veggies tender add two eggs (or egg whites), and mix together. Turn onto plate and cover with 1/4 cup Weight Watchers Mexican Blend. The serving is enormous! Have 2 slices of Sara Lee 45 wheat bread on side with Best Life butter spray.

VERY FILLING! Less than 300 calories. It will stick to your ribs and give you plenty of nutirents.

this sounds awesome!! definately making this
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    omelete is good but I was thinking more along the lines of Manicotti- stuffed manicotti with marinara sauce or eggplant parmesean - now that's filling
    just sayin
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    bumpo
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I found that 3/4 a cup of egg beaters and two links of turkey breakfast sausage with a teeny sprinkle of cheese is VERY filling. And it's less that 200 calories. Around 180 I believe. :D

Oh it's an omelet. lol
  • suz74
    suz74 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love the nakd bars and eggs and smoked salmon..yum!
  • Wanda66
    Wanda66 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love the trail mix from Costco (serving = 1/3 cup) as it is really filling. Crockpot oatmeal and cottage cheese + fruit.
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    lindsey_mickeyd Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone's suggested this yet, but I know V8 REALLY helps to fill me up!! Like it's a GREAT snack drink!! :)