Am I eating too much? Review my food diary please:)

Options
I know it's not a ton in calories but I feel like it's still a lot of food. It's hard for me to distinguish the difference between hunger and boredom/craving! At the end of the day I end up feeling guilty:( I was losing weight until the last 3 weeks or so and I haven't dropped below 129 since. I was wondering if anyone would mind checking out my food diary?! I would love any suggestions of input. THANKS!!!!

Replies

• joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I know it's not a ton in calories but I feel like it's still a lot of food. It's hard for me to distinguish the difference between hunger and boredom/craving! At the end of the day I end up feeling guilty:( I was losing weight until the last 3 weeks or so and I haven't dropped below 129 since. I was wondering if anyone would mind checking out my food diary?! I would love any suggestions of input. THANKS!!!!
    it looks fine. just eat more fat to up your calories!
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    Try tracking your sodium intake.
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Definitely not too much. You could prob get away with eating another 100-200 calories a day in fact
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Try cutting out any type of bread and add in even more veggies -- maybe some avocado for more of a caloric load. Lower the Carb intake a bit also.
    Just my opinion of course -- everyone is different.
  • daad13
    daad13 Posts: 68
    Options
    It doesn't look a lot to me! I think it's just because a lot of the food you eat is low in calories, which I think is good.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    You ARE eating really healthy. I agree about uping the 1100 days to at least 1200-1300 when you exercise.
  • safarioly
    safarioly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi... Saw your post. I'm new in this but I could recommend that you try breaking up your 3x a day meals into 6x a day meals to keep your body burning on fuel from the food you eat. Too much at one sitting overloads your stomach. I'm learning all this as I just started with the clean eating diet. You may want to look into this book for guidance... "Clean Eating Diet - Recharged" by Tosca Reno. Good Luck! : )
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    You're eating too little.

See on the top of the main page where it says XXX CALORIES REMAINING. Try to get that XXX number as close to 0 as possible.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    looks totally good to me ! I actually think you should be eating more calories :) but that is just my opinion! but you are eating healthful foods and that is what matters also!! it may seem like you are eating a lot when you eat nutrient rich foods cause they are so low in calories so you can eat lots more! .. I need to practice what i preach for sure though !! I have been eating like crap this week!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It looks like you are eating too little to me... To few calories will force your body to hold onto pounds instead of burning them.

You might have reached a plateau so you need to change something to get your body losing again. Try varying your exercise routine it may help get those last few pounds.

Good Luck
  • bymelya1
    bymelya1 Posts: 34
    Options
    The same happened to me. My calories were 1200 and I was not eating my exercise calories. I'm not over weight, just wanted to loose 10 lbs. So, I thought that by not eating my exercise I was going to loose faster. I was wrong, I stopped loosing. I decided to increase my cals to 1300 and now I'm eating some of my exercise cal at least to net 1300. This week I lost 1 lb. so I think it worked.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I am on my last 10 pounds and plan to start eating twice as many calories (earlier in the day), and tapering off, eating smaller

amounts after 6 pm (if I am still hungry)...

zigzag your calories, 200 more than today, 2 or 3 times a week / 300 less than that twice a week, etc.

also, try green tea throughout the day, it really helps boost our metabolisms:drinker: even the caffeine free kind!

:flowerforyou: best wishes for your success!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    oh yeah, and please drink lots and lots of water & try sea salt in moderation with your whole foods! I have gone almost all the way RAW:glasses: it's the BEST!
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You probably are not eating enough. If you set up MFP right when you started then the calorie MFP gives you already has a calorie deficit built in to lose weight. If you eat too far under this goal regularly you are likely to slow or even stop your weight loss. That said, you should be eating close to the calorie goal MFP gives you each day including eating back most of the calories you burn through exercise. I realize this may sound counterproductive to those just starting out but that's the way it is. Many people don't realize that eating too few calories can be just as bad for losing weight as eating too many calories.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I would try to decrease your carb intake a bit. Your protein intake is terrific...it will give you energy. Make sure you are keeping up with your water intake. Some people say to eat back your calories but I never do. WHat is the point of burning calories by exercise if you are going to eat them back? Your protein will also keep you feeling full too. Personally, I think you are doing fine.

Pam
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Eat more and I bet those pounds will start to drop off again...
    Also, you might try to zig zag your calories to get out of your plateau.
    Here's a good link to zig zagging.... http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm